• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Comparison: Lower Receivers

Thanks! I have built a few AR-15's, but never with the intention of doing so with the intention of selling them. I admit that I have traded a couple for other firearms that I just couldn't resist. With each build I attempted to build a quality product with the best LPK parts available for the money ... the key is "for the money" .. I'm not flush with cash nor am I a National Match Shooter, but I do strive to achieve a MOA end product ... and do so.

Hey, if the Noveske lower really does "make your pants stretch" then maybe you should PM the link that caused it to me ... as old as I am, it is usually some leggy 18 YO eye-candy that evokes that kind of response in me!
If I remember right it was this gun
https://www.noveske.com/collections/sbr/products/noveske-cqb-rifle

Was at Johns Creek indoor range. I was mainly looking at guns to pick a handguard- really like their NSR but that gun charging was smoother than any other I've even held.

Insomuch as we are giving opinions .... Mine is that the most attention should be to be barrel ...
PSA's CHF Barrels produced by FN ... have to be one of the best deals in barrels around ... but that's an opinion.

I should probably add "best deal in Production Barrels" ...

Insomuch as we are giving opinions .... Mine is that the most attention should be to be barrel ...
PSA's CHF Barrels produced by FN ... have to be one of the best deals in barrels around ... but that's an opinion.
Yes that is a good deal. However it is an FN barrel. So all is good. I don't buy real cheap receivers and I don't use 250 receivers. I usually use a 125 range receiver and only if I can mate the same company with it right then and there so I can make sure it is acceptable to me. That would be no light between them when you look at them from the side holding them up to a light source and always make sure the tolerances at the front take down pin lugs is not overly out of spec. I want no movement. I will look at the fit and finish and if we are all good there then we proceed to the next step of the build. If you buy 59 dollar receivers you will get 59 dollar fit and finish. Like they said before you get what you pay for. I have developed relationships with several reps at a few different vendors that they will go out and hand pick a set out for me. That's the only way I will order without handling the merchandise.

I should probably add "best deal in Production Barrels" ...
I agree with that but I'm definitely on the PSA train. My $ equal more stuff with them lol. I want to see iraqvet8888 melt down a psa chf CL barrel from fn.

Yes that is a good deal. However it is an FN barrel. So all is good. I don't buy real cheap receivers and I don't use 250 receivers. I usually use a 125 range receiver and only if I can mate the same company with it right then and there so I can make sure it is acceptable to me. That would be no light between them when you look at them from the side holding them up to a light source and always make sure the tolerances at the front take down pin lugs is not overly out of spec. I want no movement. I will look at the fit and finish and if we are all good there then we proceed to the next step of the build. If you buy 59 dollar receivers you will get 59 dollar fit and finish. Like they said before you get what you pay for. I have developed relationships with several reps at a few different vendors that they will go out and hand pick a set out for me. That's the only way I will order without handling the merchandise.
Have you put a high number of rounds through any of these matched sets? The spikes I mentioned got easier to take down once several hundred rounds were put through it. And I'm wondering if a perfectly fit set would become less than perfect over time?

Please understand that there is nothing "Personal" about this posting .... I have hopes that we can keep it that way. The discussion about Lowers has been going on for years. Interestingly, during that time there has been little to no commentary (that I know of) on what goes into the lowers (LPK) ... except for FCG's. While some of the above feedback is enlightening, I have hopes of seeing more factual information (in the form of links to information). As more members get a chance to see this, I am certain that this will happen. I want to make good buying decisions, as I'm certain most others would as well.

Much of what you are paying for with the higher priced lowers/builds is the QC. For example I have a PSA lower, and the selector switch doesn't sit flush and is a little out of alignment. And there are some other minor cosmetic issues. My LMT and BCM lowers are perfect.

Do they function any differently? No. But that is one of the reasons for the increased costs in a lower.

Much of what you are paying for with the higher priced lowers/builds is the QC. For example I have a PSA lower, and the selector switch doesn't sit flush and is a little out of alignment. And there are some other minor cosmetic issues. My LMT and BCM lowers are perfect.

Do they function any differently? No. But that is one of the reasons for the increased costs in a lower.

Never ran into something like that ... but my experience has been that they are like .22 rifles: so accurate that they shoot better than me any day of the week ... the variance in different ammo performance is also a "joker" in the deck! Jeeze: what part of MOA don't we like?!

Back
Top Bottom