• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concealed Carry laws in Georgia...

Depends on the training and experience of the LEO. Typically, more experienced know the rules and don't push the envelop. Less experienced, still stuck on "you will respect my authority."

What comes with experience is the realization that a bad bust just eats up the LEO time, and makes him look bad in the long run. Every body has a lawyer, so it's not going to slide by.

On the other hand, you have to decide what your time is worth to you. I have let stuff go by that was slam dunk just because it wasn't worth my time to pursue it.
upload_2017-12-31_17-11-33.png

Wrong as can be. That's the kind of inter-web "advice" that gets someone other than the "adviser" thrown in jail.

Ley us know how that works out for you.

GH1950, you posted this in response to somebody saying you don’t need a GWL to carry a loaded long gun in public.

I’ve re-read the rest of the thread, and didn’t see any clarification or retraction from you on this point.

It IS true, don’t you agree, that a long gun is not a “weapon” under almost all Ga weapons laws, right? So any law against weapons means only handguns or really big knives/daggers.

Except for commercial airports, school property, and within the jail guard lines of a jail or prison, I can’t think of any Georgia laws banning the carry of long guns by non licensed persons.

GH1950, you posted this in response to somebody saying you don’t need a GWL to carry a loaded long gun in public.

I’ve re-read the rest of the thread, and didn’t see any clarification or retraction from you on this point.

It IS true, don’t you agree, that a long gun is not a “weapon” under almost all Ga weapons laws, right? So any law against weapons means only handguns or really big knives/daggers.

Except for commercial airports, school property, and within the jail guard lines of a jail or prison, I can’t think of any Georgia laws banning the carry of long guns by non license persons.
In the court house?? :becky:

In a Courthouse?
Not legal with a handgun and a permit either!
But only licensees have a right to retreat without arrest if the gun is discovered at the security checkpoint.

Before I go to court, I always look in the mirror and open both sides of my suit coat to check and make sure that I have rid myself of all AR-15‘s, AK-47s, Striker 12 shotguns, and Mossberg Cruisers or Shockwaves.

In a Courthouse?
Not legal with a handgun and a permit either!
But only licensees have a right to retreat without arrest if the gun is discovered at the security checkpoint.

Before I go to court, I always look in the mirror and open both sides of my suit coat to check and make sure that I have rid myself of all AR-15‘s, AK-47s, Striker 12 shotguns, and Mossberg Cruisers or Shockwaves.
Hahaha
Man I've never tried the "aren't y'all supposed to have a storage location for my weapon?" At the courthouse doors I may be off on that but was always told such. Definitely haven't tried that one even though I've been known to push some boundaries

Back
Top Bottom