Concrete disposal-what are my options

What I shared was from the State guy who cited us.

I think it was rooted in good intentions but has become just another tax.
Did I not understand you right when you said the state dumped it their? And also, wasn't that above ground in plain sight?

Concrete is considered a c&d material. Concrete contains metals and chemicals in it. It’s not just sand and gravel.

According to ACI ACI 222.3R, “Guide to Design and Construction Practices to Mitigate Corrosion of Reinforcement in Concrete Structures”, Metals other than steel are occasionally used in concrete. These metals include aluminum, lead, copper and copper alloys, zinc, cadmium, Monel metal, stellite (cobalt-chromium-tungsten alloys), silver, and tin. Galvanized steel and special alloys of steel, such as stainless steels and chrome-nickel steels, have also been used. Zinc and cadmium are used as coatings on steel.

Did I not understand you right when you said the state dumped it their? And also, wasn't that above ground in plain sight?
Yes on both accounts- we were told we were responsible for it being on our property- it had been there from approximately 1996 to 2015 when we were cited.

Run off was the reasoning the State Guy gave us.

Yes on both accounts- we were told we were responsible for it being on our property- it had been there from approximately 1996 to 2015 when we were cited.

Run off was the reasoning the State Guy gave us.

I had a similar problem with debris behind my fence that was not from me.

I have roughly 19 yds of 4” slab I need to dispose of. Half is under a structure that will be demo’d. The other half is the driveway to the structure. Im still young and dumb enough to try and do this myself (probably wont) but the disposal fees are whats ridiculous everywhere I look. Closest recycler is 35 mins from me so not exactly convenient. Lots of drive time for what would be at least 10 trailer loads for me if I do it myself. Most roll offs I see cap the weight at 6-8k lbs so Id need $3k worth of dumpsters. I realize its going to cost money but that seems like a lot for just the disposal. Not including equip, man hours etc. I also realize concrete does not easily recycle. So I thought Id see if anyone in the construction biz might steer me differently. Thanks for any help. Needless to say Im dreading this project. Im planning to rent a saw to grid the pads for easier removal either way. Thanks for any info.
Bury it

I have roughly 19 yds of 4” slab I need to dispose of. Half is under a structure that will be demo’d. The other half is the driveway to the structure. Im still young and dumb enough to try and do this myself (probably wont) but the disposal fees are whats ridiculous everywhere I look. Closest recycler is 35 mins from me so not exactly convenient. Lots of drive time for what would be at least 10 trailer loads for me if I do it myself. Most roll offs I see cap the weight at 6-8k lbs so Id need $3k worth of dumpsters. I realize its going to cost money but that seems like a lot for just the disposal. Not including equip, man hours etc. I also realize concrete does not easily recycle. So I thought Id see if anyone in the construction biz might steer me differently. Thanks for any help. Needless to say Im dreading this project. Im planning to rent a saw to grid the pads for easier removal either way. Thanks for any info.
If u do bury it, try to stay away from future septic systems!

Back
Top Bottom