Concrete disposal-what are my options

This. It’s essentially stone. If you have a low spot in the yard bury it and it’ll take care of most of any settling issues
If Im to be a good boy and abide by the hoa, I cant have a trash pit…even though the last guy did. And besides that, I dont have a good area to bury it. Like I said before, would if I could.

I have roughly 19 yds of 4” slab I need to dispose of. Half is under a structure that will be demo’d. The other half is the driveway to the structure. Im still young and dumb enough to try and do this myself (probably wont) but the disposal fees are whats ridiculous everywhere I look. Closest recycler is 35 mins from me so not exactly convenient. Lots of drive time for what would be at least 10 trailer loads for me if I do it myself. Most roll offs I see cap the weight at 6-8k lbs so Id need $3k worth of dumpsters. I realize its going to cost money but that seems like a lot for just the disposal. Not including equip, man hours etc. I also realize concrete does not easily recycle. So I thought Id see if anyone in the construction biz might steer me differently. Thanks for any help. Needless to say Im dreading this project. Im planning to rent a saw to grid the pads for easier removal either way. Thanks for any info.

You can place up to 4” of crushed concrete on a driveway surface without any engineered fill requirements.

If you had a track tractor that could “crush” it or walk it in on a driveway…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Our old shop had to be taken down as the southeast corner was in the ROW of the new route for hwy27 4 lane when the state was widening hwy27 in the 1990s.

After we took the building down, the slab was bare & the state dumped loads of cub/ concrete debris on top of the slab as it was easy to access & who ever wins an argument with the state.

20 years later a difficult neighbor across the street was dumping concrete on his property at night & his neighbor called the state because the trucks were shining their lights in the neighbor’s bedroom at midnight & afterwards.

When the state came out because of the complaint the difficult contractor dumping across from us asked the state man why they were giving him trouble when the guys across the highway,( us), had it dumped on our property.

The state issued us an order & threatened large penalties if we did not clean up the concrete that was dumped on our property.

Location,( visibility), & quantity matters, as does how you move forward.

We wound up having to rake our property after clearing all the undergrowth off it, & had to haul the concrete to a C&D landfill.

Expensive.
615142c8cecddf6e7f83eb0a93fe920a.jpg

Don’t do this & get caught.

The EPA will be on your *##.
As us how we know.

For Concrete? Why? I know you are not supposed to bury construction waste in general but I didn't think concrete would matter. What is the difference if it sits on top of the ground or two feet below the surface?

For Concrete? Why? I know you are not supposed to bury construction waste in general but I didn't think concrete would matter. What is the difference if it sits on top of the ground or two feet below the surface?

The state EPA claims the metal & silica harms the waterways with the run off.

I posted a longhand explanation above.

They were threatening fines in the $10,000s as well as court.

And to think that’s what farmers put in washed out places to help stop erosion.

Back
Top Bottom