Concrete disposal-what are my options

Pile it off to the side for now.....you're going to need something to refill the trash pit when you're done.
If I rebuild the structure, it will be moved however it will still overlap the original footprint by 10-20’. Clay and concrete compact differently and Im not doing this again. Im backfilling, tamping and pouring a 6” reinforced slab IF I rebuild.

For Concrete? Why? I know you are not supposed to bury construction waste in general but I didn't think concrete would matter. What is the difference if it sits on top of the ground or two feet below the surface?

Silica dust. Look into some of the OSHA regulations it’s the new asbestos

Silica dust. Look into some of the OSHA regulations it’s the new asbestos
I ask again, how is it any more harmful underground that it is on top of the ground? What happens now when people cut concrete? The dust gets washed into the ground eventually. Makes no sense to me.

I ask again, how is it any more harmful underground that it is on top of the ground? What happens now when people cut concrete? The dust gets washed into the ground eventually. Makes no sense to me.

Ground water contamination.

Cutting or drilling concrete now requires a hepa filtered vacuum attached to the saw or drill.

It’s the government we are discussing.

Silica is harmful to our respiratory systems, much like asbestos as mentioned above.

But how this is bad for the environment in small quantities is beyond Me.

Where does it go once dumped in the landfill for instance?

I guess not thru the government’s pockets.

Ground water contamination.

Cutting or drilling concrete now requires a hepa filtered vacuum attached to the saw or drill.
That is either fairly new or people are just not complying with it. I have seen plenty in the last few years cutting away and dust flying everywhere.

That is all about employee safety. I cannot find anything that says it is illegal to bury concrete in GA. Maybe I am not looking in the right place but what would silica dust in the ground water have to do with buried concrete? It isn't going to disintegrate into dust just because you bury it.
What I shared was from the State guy who cited us.

I think it was rooted in good intentions but has become just another tax.

Back
Top Bottom