• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Confused: Mail a Form 4 (Trust as Transferee) if e-filed

GodBlessTheUSA

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
I brought down the Iron Curtain
154   0
Reaction score
ODT NFA Experts,

Forgive me if this has been hashed out before. I did a search, and I've read almost all the recent posts on e-file and Form 4, etc. but…

I sent up a trust with D. Phillips last year (good deal too!!!). Then a few months ago I purchased a suppressor with the trust as transferee / purchaser. The dealer stated he did Form 4 via e-file, but then I signed the forms, gave copies of the trust and wrote a physical check with it all being mailed to the BATFE.

So was the Form 4 really e-filed? Does e-filing just mean filling out the pdf on line and printing it out and mailing it?

Did I get bad info and am I now in the 9 month wait line for mailing the hard forms?

I've tried to research this on line but I've read both answers (e-file is ALL electronic with nothing mailed vs. you fill out something online then mail the forms).

Would the great fonts of NFA wisdom and experience please let me know how the e-file is supposed to work?

Thanks,

Yea if you gave them a check it wasn't done via eform. That sounds like it was sent via paper. Maybe the dealer meant the eformed the Form 3 for the dealer to dealer transfer?

Sounds like paper. Form 4s haven't been able to be Efiled in awhile. Wait won't be 9 months though. They are running around 4-5 months right now.

Thanks… Feel like saying "#%@!!^&*!#!!".
I can wait a few more months. Going to have to, so might as well not get ticked about it.

Thanks.

I can wait a few more months. Going to have to, so might as well not get ticked about it.

Thanks.
Best advice I can give is try and take it out of your mind. Keep yourself busy by buying and trying suppressor hosts. I have literally bought and sold hosts before I even got the stamp in hand.

Thanks.

This is why you just keep buying NFA items. If you always have one coming out of approval soon, then the wait doesn't bother you as much. :D

This is why you just keep buying NFA items. If you always have one coming out of approval soon, then the wait doesn't bother you as much. :D
My life felt incomplete when I had nothing pending. It was horrible. Got two pending now and when the 2nd one is close to being approved... bam ill submit another.

My life felt incomplete when I had nothing pending. It was horrible. Got two pending now and when the 2nd one is close to being approved... bam ill submit another.

Yeah right now is the first time in a few years I haven't had something pending so I know exactly what you mean. I do like to buy in batches though so the wait doesn't seem so bad. Just buy something, then a month or so later buy something else, and on and on and on...

Yeah right now is the first time in a few years I haven't had something pending so I know exactly what you mean. I do like to buy in batches though so the wait doesn't seem so bad. Just buy something, then a month or so later buy something else, and on and on and on...

That's my favorite way, then there's always one coming and it doesn't seem so bad. I've got an sbr that should get approved pretty soon and another one I need to get submitted.

Back
Top Bottom