Congress'man Gingrey joins the assault on the 2nd Amendment with passion.

Gunslinger1

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
18   0
Reaction score
Called his office today saying I heard on the Radio from Rush Limbaugh, Congressman Gingrey,that he was in favor of gunshow restrictions and standard capacity magazine reduction. A quite belligerent older lady launched into an assault on Rush Limbaugh for lying about the good doctor and said he was only looking at all laws. That's not the same thing as considering them,...(?) I stated she was incorrect and sited our new found leftist congressman word for word, again she DENIED it flat out and told me my sources were wrong. Review the below article, our esteemed progressive willing to scale back your God given rights for the reward of pat on the back by the radical statist left. Did the people in his district vote for an all out assault on the second amendment?
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...y-favors-gun-control-162924309--politics.html

Last edited:
As reported in the Marietta Daily Journal, Gingrey, a member of the conservative Republican Study Committee, said he would be open to some measures restricting high-capacity magazines and enforcing more rigorous requirements for background checks at gun shows.

“There are some problems, and maybe these huge magazines even for someone who says, ‘Look, I just use an AR-15 for target practice.' But do you really need to be standing there shooting at a silhouette a shot a second or even quicker with that kind of weapon? For what purpose?” Gingrey said, according to the Journal. “I would be willing to listen to the possibility of the capacity of a magazine.”

President Barack Obama plans to announce a proposal for stricter gun rules next week, and Gingrey's openness to an overhaul could help propel the Democratic administration's messaging effort.

Last edited:
Just talked with his lackey.Told him he and Phil will be looking for jobs after the next election in Georgia.

Apparently the Congressman has had to backtrack some on his earlier statement. His issued a new statement today emphasized his support for Second Amendment rights.

"As a father and grandfather, I am heartbroken at the tragedy in Newtown. No parent, child, or community should have to suffer such devastation and overwhelming grief. At the same time, as we begin a national dialogue on how to prevent future tragedies, it is of paramount importance to defend our Second Amendment rights. Throughout my political career, I've been a tireless advocate of Second Amendment rights and will continue to be one moving forward."

We need to keep the pressure on him.

Back
Top Bottom