• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The dreaded search and seizure

Article said he was a prohibited person and that was one of the reasons the cops obtained a search warrant with a judge's signature. It's not that they expected to find hand grenades and machine guns there.

(now the article did say the grenades were fake, and I wouldn't trust the cops or the news reporters to know the difference between a machine gun and a semi automatic version of the same weapon.)

But if a person who has been prohibited by federal law from possessing any type of firearms or ammo ...

...has hundreds of guns and millions of rounds of ammo in his house ....

that is a problem!

And I would say the phrase
"play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

applies here.

I read this on another gun board and have no idea if there is any truth to it or not, but it is interesting:

My friend is a local FFL that does contract work for the Police Department and Sheriff's Department where this happened and he gave me some background to this case a few days ago. The man who this stuff belonged to is in his 90s and a relative of his had to obtain legal guardianship over the man because he is suffering from advanced dementia which is why he is no longer legally allowed to possess firearms. The man has not lived in the house where his collection was stored for the better part of 6 years because he's living in a nursing home. The majority of the firearms have been owned for more than 40 years well before they were ever regulated in California and the man has possessed a special federal firearms license called a Curios and Relic license for the better part of 60 years that allowed him under California law to possess machine guns. The actual machine guns that were in the man's possession are ones that are legally owned and are registered with the NFA and the tax has been paid on them. The authorities have been well aware of what was in his possession because he registered them with the state when they required it. They're simply pretending like this man is a criminal once they found out he was no longer mentally fit to possess the firearms and gleefully seized his collection.

Article said he was a prohibited person and that was one of the reasons the cops obtained a search warrant with a judge's signature. It's not that they expected to find hand grenades and machine guns there.

(now the article did say the grenades were fake, and I wouldn't trust the cops or the news reporters to know the difference between a machine gun and a semi automatic version of the same weapon.)

But if a person who has been prohibited by federal law from possessing any type of firearms or ammo ...

...has hundreds of guns and millions of rounds of ammo in his house ....

that is a problem!

And I would say the phrase
"play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

applies here.

I would say nothing more than this is proof furthering gun laws and restrictions don't do ****.

I read this on another gun board and have no idea if there is any truth to it or not, but it is interesting:

My friend is a local FFL that does contract work for the Police Department and Sheriff's Department where this happened and he gave me some background to this case a few days ago. The man who this stuff belonged to is in his 90s and a relative of his had to obtain legal guardianship over the man because he is suffering from advanced dementia which is why he is no longer legally allowed to possess firearms. The man has not lived in the house where his collection was stored for the better part of 6 years because he's living in a nursing home. The majority of the firearms have been owned for more than 40 years well before they were ever regulated in California and the man has possessed a special federal firearms license called a Curios and Relic license for the better part of 60 years that allowed him under California law to possess machine guns. The actual machine guns that were in the man's possession are ones that are legally owned and are registered with the NFA and the tax has been paid on them. The authorities have been well aware of what was in his possession because he registered them with the state when they required it. They're simply pretending like this man is a criminal once they found out he was no longer mentally fit to possess the firearms and gleefully seized his collection.
So.....**** California. As per usual. Any blue hair state really.

Other words gov/mint just wanted steal ole man’s stuff and make big deal out so they could Can really look like hot stuff .crime fighters.

Back
Top Bottom