• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Contact the ATF to keep pistol braces legal (merged threads)

Dunno. I have an Extar EP9 that can't be converted. However, it is 9mm, takes pistol mags, has the original SB Tactical brace that was approved for use, it's super short and light and easier to make the case that it is is in fact a pistol.

If they require that to be registered, I will just sell it for what I paid and someone else can deal with the paperwork...
DIBBS....haha. I'm on the list for one, have been for a while.

You are mistaken, you will be Put on their list for a future visit.

So will the guys who register everything they own with the brac... listen, what im saying is the agency is rogue and begging for our property that was accepted and is now questionable to them (and doing it every 3 years) is unsustainable.

We are all on that list. I'm not pro registration but I'm not convinced asking for rights is how maintaining rights works.

Its not accepting defeat, im saying with them changing the rules all the time, it makes their games unsustainable and will throw the game into chaos. Telling the bully he's obviously changing the rules 24/7 doesn't make him less of a bully.

Not holding my breath. Read the paragraph that talks about the legitimate uses of a brace and disabled vets and all that.

What the ATF could end up doing, would be to simply say that yes, disabled vets and people with handicaps can use braces on their pistols. And that's all.

The problem is that the braces were approved under the promise of disabled people using them to shoot 1 handed. And since then, more than 99% of the braces have been sold and used by people NOT disabled, who are shooting them two handed, from the shoulder...

They made an exception for a specific use case, and we took that as a loophole to circumvent the law and went crazy with them and now the ATF has caught on...

Not holding my breath. Read the paragraph that talks about the legitimate uses of a brace and disabled vets and all that.

What the ATF could end up doing, would be to simply say that yes, disabled vets and people with handicaps can use braces on their pistols. And that's all.

The problem is that the braces were approved under the promise of disabled people using them to shoot 1 handed. And since then, more than 99% of the braces have been sold and used by people NOT disabled, who are shooting them two handed, from the shoulder...

They made an exception for a specific use case, and we took that as a loophole to circumvent the law and went crazy with them and now the ATF has caught on...
I don't know that there was any kind of exception made. I know of no law saying you cannot have a brace that fits your glock that wraps around your wrist. The problem as I see it is that there are a lot of so called braces being sold that were not approved and the manufacturers are selling them with a wink and a nod knowing they are being used as stocks.

Back
Top Bottom