• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coopers Creek fishing report?

chugapug

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
15   0
Reaction score
Has anyone been up to coopers creeks lately if so how the fishing and is it crowded with hunters? Got a co-worker going up this weekend trying to get a feel for the trip.

Go past coopers to the hatchery by deep hole.

Follow the road towards the hatchery until you see a bridge on your right, turn right and stay on that road (There will be two forks to the left) cross the creek and continue down the road. When you pass a field on your left there will be a road to the right down the hill, (NEED A 4x4) and follow it down to the end. That is the confluence of rock creek and the toccoa....there are some monsters down there but watch for copper heads and rain. Rain will test your 4x4 something terrible on that road coming out.

Great fishing and hardly anyone ever down there.

Go past coopers to the hatchery by deep hole.

Follow the road towards the hatchery until you see a bridge on your right, turn right and stay on that road (There will be two forks to the left) cross the creek and continue down the road. When you pass a field on your left there will be a road to the right down the hill, (NEED A 4x4) and follow it down to the end. That is the confluence of rock creek and the toccoa....there are some monsters down there but watch for copper heads and rain. Rain will test your 4x4 something terrible on that road coming out.

Great fishing and hardly anyone ever down there.

Thanks for this. I have ridden this road many times but never took the fork to the right.

Thanks for this. I have ridden this road many times but never took the fork to the right.

You need a 4x4 for this road.....ESPECIALLY IF IT RAINS. But this is where all the fish they dump out of the hatchery flow down too. THis location is up river from the swinging bridge (Another good hole) up river from there but I would advise you being on the tall side....otherwise your nips are goign to get wet.

I dont need a 4x4 as long as my F650GS is still running. I got a 4x4 colorado but I wouldnt take it back there... especially when raining.

I dont need a 4x4 as long as my F650GS is still running. I got a 4x4 colorado but I wouldnt take it back there... especially when raining.

When you get to the gate on your left (Shortcut to the swinging bridge) that is where things get interesting. At the bottom of the road there is a turn around that stays pretty muddy....if you go down and park/camp by the creek getting back up the hill can be a bear (last time I was there we had to winch ourselves out after a good rain storm.)

Thank for the info I do not have a 4x4 so that will be out of the question just trying to get a idea of how many turkey hunters have been camping up around cooper and mulky campgropunds

nice, headed up to the hatchery up there on fish creek (think thats the name) this friday with my dad and little nephew (his 1st time trout fishing). think it will be more helping him than fishing and looking at the fish in the hatchery though lol. hopefully gonna get to sneak away and go camping up that way in the next few weeks, defianatly be hitting up that area when i go then, as long as i get my 4wd working before then lol.

Back
Top Bottom