• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coosa River Night FIshing - 6/20/15

CardsFan

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
My wife and I decided to skip the brutal heat of day and try some night fishing on the Coosa. The small Stripers we had been catching were gone (as expected). The hot weather has probably pushed most of them to cooler water. But decent sized cats were finally back in our little spot, we had the river to ourselves all night long, and we watched the space station fly over. The stars were amazing. There's something about being lulled to near sleep by cicadas and owls while watching rods in a faint lantern light, and being reduley awakened by the scream of a bait clikcer going off. It will wake you up real quick.

We ended up with only 4 fish landed. Julie had a blue and flathead both at 9 pounds. I had a 5 pound blue and 14 pound flatty. Me likey, much more than sitting out in the hot sun all day NOT catching fish. Live shad outproduced cut shad once again this trip. There is literally tons of bait in the lower Coosa river right now.

Attachments

• CPY_0001.jpg
    CPY_0001.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 92
  • CPY_0002.jpg
    CPY_0002.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 91
  • CPY_0003.jpg
    CPY_0003.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 97
  • CPY_0004.jpg
    CPY_0004.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 94
Lol on the deet. I didn't find any bug bites thankfully. The worst was the termite looking bugs that flew around the lights and they would get all over you if you got too close to the light, but they were gone by about 11:30pm.

Bioshock, I used the NASA Spot The Station app.

Back
Top Bottom