• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Corned beef and cabbage

Don't know if any of you do this but I just boil em so many minutes per pound then cut the fat cap down to bout 1/4 inch. Then cover with yellow mustard and sprinkle with brown sugar. Stick it under the broiler for a few minutes

Don't know if any of you do this but I just boil em so many minutes per pound then cut the fat cap down to bout 1/4 inch. Then cover with yellow mustard and sprinkle with brown sugar. Stick it under the broiler for a few minutes

Sounds interesting. Will give that a try.

My mother used to cook the whole dinner in a pressure cooker. Dang that was good.

Gonna throw the corned beef, red skin taters, carrots and onion in the crock pot in the morning.
Going to bake a Dillard House cabbage casserole to go with it.

I cooked ours in the instapot for 90 minutes. Place it on trivet over two cups of water and a beer. Roasted potatoes and cooked cabbage separately so everything didn't taste the same. A little different but good.

I put my brisket in the crock pot frozen, about 9:00 last night. Low heat.
I'll fry up some cabbage and boil some carrots to go with it.

Meat cooking, Cabbage goes on it the last hour of the 8 required. Love the Bucket of Farts it all becomes when done. Guinness beer also on the meat, rest of the 6 pk goes in my belly.
DSC01274.JPG

Back
Top Bottom