• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Change stations for a minute with me. Why would China over exaggerate and blow this thing out of proportion? What do they gain?

They gain nothing over exaggerating this process. Unless, they wanted to control
1. And unruly population (HK)
2. flow of goods that they provide to the rest of the world through the restriction of some production and shipments
3. the already leaked Intel on bio weapons they have in production.

Sorry - I wear two tinfoil hats in case of aliens or if someone tells me to remove one for practical thinking...

I moved all investments into the "safe zone". Everyone I've talked to in the hardware space is saying April now at the earliest before things get moving in China again, and now with people in China being reinfected, who knows how this will play out.

We're looking at a large part of China being shut down for a 1 - 2 months and possibly more. We could have an economic tsunami headed our way so I don't mind being wrong for a few months if it doesn't happen.
What do you consider the safe zone? I have a Vanguard 401k and want to do the same for a few months but not sure where to put it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What do you consider the safe zone? I have a Vanguard 401k and want to do the same for a few months but not sure where to put it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Generally your 401k should offer some sort of research tool that will allow you to put in your criteria (in this case safe haven investments), and it will spit out some options. Or it may even offer a managed service. You should have a login account, where you can view this info.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/02/20/cdc-coronavirus-116529

So we don’t have an accurate test for this thing yet. If we don’t, I guarantee China didn’t. There is no telling what’s killing people over there at this point. I’m renaming the virus patsycorona19.

Another interesting tidbit from a personal phone call. A guy who did his PHD on Coronas says the bad ones that kill you, do so because they are deep in your lung and almost impossible to treat. The more contagious versions, are upper respiratory infections and mostly harmless. That’s why he quit working in corona and moved over to flu. Coronas where a waste of his time. Nothing in the news from China on this makes since to him, with his knowledge of the virus.

South Korea, Italy, and Iran are growing pretty fast. Although Iran could just be killing folks and blaming it on the virus...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

If you need anything from Harbor Freight or anything technology related, I'd get it now... Gonna be making gifts this Christmas.

Although Iran could just be killing folks and blaming it on the virus...
1vsnlp.jpg
Rahm Emanuel - former mayor of Chicago

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S246804272030004X

"Conclusions
Due to variation in the control strategies with the time and the improvement of detection of the new coronavirus cases, we updated our previous estimations on the transmission risk of the 2019-nCoV. By using time-dependent contact and diagnose rates we refit our proposed dynamics transmission model to the data available until January 29th, 2020 and re-estimated the daily reproduction number, which implies the evolving transmission risk. We observed that the effective daily reproduction ratio has already fallen below 1, therefore while the epidemics will continue to grow, the epidemic will peak soon."

Back
Top Bottom