• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess they could... It’s not their nature. They actually see good in all people and genuinely want to help.
Oh of course they never would. None of the one's I know would. More of a tongue in cheek observation, because I think it's ridiculous to cut their pay, especially during this time.

Oh of course they never would. None of the one's I know would. More of a tongue in cheek observation, because I think it's ridiculous to cut their pay, especially during this time.
Many hospitals are seeing revenues reduced by 80% or more. The alternative is to just close and lay everybody off unfortunately.

legally I dont know they can..
(if it means someone doesnt recieve care)
Oh it was tongue in cheek. Point being any other profession just about could. But people need the healthcare workers now especially more than ever. So why cut their pay? I get it, due to OR's not being in use, non essential surgeries cancelled for now, etc. But they're cutting the pay of doctor's and nurses in the ER too, who are at the heart of the fight. Seems ridiculous. So they're all working crazy hours not able to go home, but also getting paid less.

Many hospitals are seeing revenues reduced by 80% or more. The alternative is to just close and lay everybody off unfortunately.
I think the article mentioned it was ER personal too that got pay cuts. It's a ****ty situation either way, but I just don't like the idea of cutting the pay of the essential front line medical staff. I totally get it that elective procedures would suffer revenue loss right now, but the ER is a busy 24/7 business even when there isn't a pandemic.

Back
Top Bottom