Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some scary numbers ... Comparing to the 1918 Spanish Flu

Using only a 3% Mortality Rate

View attachment 2470644

And we are not slowing down.... Deaths again outpacing Recoveries

View attachment 2470664
giphy (4).gif

Math was never my strong suit, but that looks like a 50% mortality rate.

Right now we are looking at 259 deaths out of 11,374 infected... That is 2.28% mortality, but the current people infected have not run their course yet.... We can be higher than 3%.

But looking at just Deaths and Recoveries, you are correct... For those that have run the full course... 50% have died.

This is why I want to see Recoveries climb... Not seeing that yet...

Right now we are looking at 259 deaths out of 11,374 infected... That is 2.28% mortality, but the current people infected have not run their course yet.... We can be higher than 3%.

But looking at just Deaths and Recoveries, you are correct... For those that have run the full course... 50% have died.

This is why I want to see Recoveries climb... Not seeing that yet...
We have to take into account that we can in no way trust the numbers being released by the Chinese government.

We have to take into account that we can in no way trust the numbers being released by the Chinese government.

And Yes, I agree that any numbers coming from China are suspect..... Which is even scarier.... If anything, I would think they would report better numbers than the actual results.

Hype hype hype media making money off of fear, same thing they've been doing for decades

It has the potential to get nasty, but until we start seeing more data coming out of countries other than China, it's too early to tell. You definitely should be prepared, but I wouldn't "panic" until we started seeing dramatic rises in infections and deaths in countries other than China. But yeah avoid the media for anything serious, and look at sites like the link Jeddak posted above.

Back
Top Bottom