• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Corvette guys… show your rides

Was never a Corvette guy, but starting to look at them. This may be opening up a can of worms, but what gen is the most reliable (haha, I know) vs other gens?

Looking for a manual, convertible or t-tops.

Was never a Corvette guy, but starting to look at them. This may be opening up a can of worms, but what gen is the most reliable (haha, I know) vs other gens?

To be honest, i've owned three gen 3 s and one gen 4 the gen C5 is a space ship in comparison. It is very well balanced and you want to stick to 2001 and up as the computer is unavailable in 97/99. 6 speed for the best fun convertibles are great but targa top is cool. get one now as the prices are skyrocketing .LS1 with a good cold air kit and headers with exhaust work is 400 hp in 2900 pounds.

Are engine related parts getting harder to find?
Not really. There is a guy that has stockpiled NOS as well as farmed out reproduction parts (gaskets, etc) and he's had everything necessary. There may come a day when a certain part just doesn't exist anymore but I haven't found that to be the case yet.

Honestly, as much as I love the C4, I would not hesitate to go for the C6. The LSx engines are sooooo common and everyone works on them. Not that you need a mechanic though, those things are super reliable!! The interior actually feels spacious yet maintains the cockpit feel of driving a sports car.
I've looked at a few C7's and they are very nice but with the used car market going haywire, the prices of those seem to be creeping up!!

Meet Vetty white….92 LT1 auto (boo-hiss). She ain’t much, but she’s mine 👍

Attachments

• 1295F343-682A-40F5-8A1A-A60E87E0D7B4.jpeg
    1295F343-682A-40F5-8A1A-A60E87E0D7B4.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom