COSTCO shopping list

One thing that is very frustrating to me is Costco does not accept anything other than Visa. I like to use my American Express then pay it off at the end of the month and get the points. I get far more value from the American Express points than I do from any of my other cards.

Sam
One thing that is very frustrating to me is Costco does not accept anything other than Visa. I like to use my American Express then pay it off at the end of the month and get the points. I get far more value from the American Express points than I do from any of my other cards.
Sams taked AmEx

Costco is the only place I know of to buy a big bag of real bacon bits /crumbled cooked bacon. It's something like a 1 or 2 pound bag for six dollars.
Screenshot_20220711-151002.png

Sam's also.

For the point of this post you can use (costco, sams, BJ's etc as interchangeable in most all cases so don't' get stuck on one)

For years Costco only took Mastercard, then it changed to visa (I think they finally got a better price break). Their Costco card isn't bad deal either for points combined with the 2% exec membership that is total of 4%, and 4% back on gas! (some other cards may get you 2% now so your YMMV)

Costco in Canada don't take visa, only Mastercard (go figure).

If you know what the prices are, you can save money at Costco compared to the grocery store. (have to know the prices and not waste if it its perishable.)

For example good jeans 12-20 dollars. (These are better quality than Walmart/Big Lots). Other places want 30-40 dollars a pair for jeans.

Polos you can find them sometimes for 2 for 10 bucks, that is 5 dollars a shirt. Most other places want 20-40 dollars a polo shirt.

Cereal at Costco or Aldi is so much cheaper. Cereal today at the normal store was 6.28 for a tiny box.

Socks when socks go on sale at Costco so much cheaper and better than Walmart socks.

if you are not buying clothing at Costco your missing out on some good savings.

Costco is very competitive on tires, and includes the roadside at no extra charge. (discount tire will match it the price, but no free road hazard)

Have you ever seen 6 quarts of SYN oil for 11.50? Well I have at Costco!

Gas savings for me is usually 20/cents a gallon. (not counting CC points) and its a top tier gasoline additive package.

Not everything is a deal. However I will say they have a great return policy (please don't' abuse it), and high quality products, rarely will you find a junk/crap product. All the Kirkland products are made by the same big brands, just a lot cheaper.

Just be a smart shopper and you can come out ahead using the wholesale clubs as long as your smart and don't impulse buy too bad.

We have a Sam's Club membership as well. There wasn't a Costco near where the daughter lives in Florida but there is a SAm's about a mile away. We didn't see a lot of difference in the two but seemed to find items we buy often at Costco and not at Sam's. Again we bought membership because the hearing Aids. We also saved $6k on a new Honda CRV with our Costco membership. If you're looking for a new vehicle don't forget to check on the deal you can get with the membership. This was just last year, while supplies of new vehicles were low.

I always get several cases of the Mexican coke, made with real sugar and in the green glass bottles just like the old days .

Back
Top Bottom