• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cottage Pie tonight

"I make it easier by using a bag of frozen mixed veggies, and prepared mashed taters from the refrigerated section."

Aarrrggghhhh, Sacrilege!! :shocked: (coulda just bought a Mrs. Callender's pie and saved yourself the trouble of having to use scissors or a can opener, lol). :boink: Does look good though, but the corn would have to go ;).

LOL... My laziness knows no bounds...

From the link above"
Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe
Print
  • Prep time: 15 minutes
  • Cook time: 50 minutes
  • Yield: Serves 4
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 1/2 to 2 pounds potatoes (about 3 large potatoes), peeled and quartered
  • 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) butter
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
  • 1-2 cups vegetables—diced carrots, corn, peas
  • 1 1/2 lbs ground round beef
  • 1/2 cup beef broth
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • Salt, pepper, other seasonings of choice

The oven is preheating as I type this. I stuck with the recipe except for a couple of items. I added some baby lima beans; and will top it off with grated sharp cheddar cheese just before it comes out of the oven. The recipe is too large for just me; so I broke it up into smaller batches. I will cook the larger pan tonight; and vacuum pack/freeze the smaller ones for individual servings at a later date.

Sheperd's Pie.jpg

The oven is preheating as I type this. I stuck with the recipe except for a couple of items. I added some baby lima beans; and will top it off with grated sharp cheddar cheese just before it comes out of the oven. The recipe is too large for just me; so I broke it up into smaller batches. I will cook the larger pan tonight; and vacuum pack/freeze the smaller ones for individual servings at a later date.

View attachment 1581621
Let us know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom