• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Could this be the gun to replace my Shield? (Mossberg MC1) threads merged

I think it looks neat, I’d like to shoot one. That said, here’s some critical commentary from P-F that had me lul’ing

“If ever there were companies with their fingers on the pulse of what El Fudd and Joe Derp want in guns, it's Mossberg and Taurus. I sold more pistol grip 12-gauges than I thought humanely possible. The POS Mossberg 4x4 combo with scope was a top seller. I couldn't keep 500s and Maverick 88s on the shelves in 2008 and the .22LR AR clones? Gone before we got them off the pallets basically.

In other words, I'm inclined to agree. Mossberg either got it all right or all wrong, only time will tell. And people like stupid **** like cross-bolt safeties because, "it works like my shotgun".
rolleyes.png

—————

“Interesting fly-on-the-wall experience yesterday at the Rural King gun counter. There were three guys asking about the Mossberg because 1) they don’t like Glocks and 2) they won’t buy S&W because they sold out the gun owners back in the day. Sample of three, but if Mossberg can tap into the disaffected bubba market they may find success.”
—————

“I'm immersed in the Rural King/Farm-Fleet demographic by location and profession. My initial instinct is to say that if Mossberg gives out a free cap or jacket with each pistol and Glock doesn't match or exceed such swag, Mossberg will sell a lot of pistols.

The pistols won't get used very often, but that won't be a bad thing.”

They will be 125 bucks in 6 months. Mossberg isn’t going to compete with S&W, Glock, and even Taurus in the market.

Ruger can’t even get a solid hold in that market.

They will be 125 bucks in 6 months. Mossberg isn’t going to compete with S&W, Glock, and even Taurus in the market.

Ruger can’t even get a solid hold in that market.

I don't know if they will be $125, but I don't think they will be serious contenders either. Undoubtedly some people will buy them and there is some share of the market for them, for a budget price. I definitely agree there.

I find it a bit odd that Ruger isn't a more serious option as a semi auto. I have no experience with their single stack pistols, other than the LCP, but I actually like the SR series. Apples to oranges, though...

I don't know if they will be $125, but I don't think they will be serious contenders either. Undoubtedly some people will buy them and there is some share of the market for them, for a budget price. I definitely agree there.

I find it a bit odd that Ruger isn't a more serious option as a semi auto. I have no experience with their single stack pistols, other than the LCP, but I actually like the SR series. Apples to oranges, though...

Love the LCP and the LCR. The LC9 is meh and the SR too.

Email I got from Smoky Mountain Guns and Ammo (www.smga.com) .

MC1sc

INTRODUCING THE MOSSBERG MC1sc SUBCOMPACT 9MM PISTOL
Trouble is unpredictable. It shows up without warning. It rears its ugly head when and where you least expect it. Trouble has no conscience. No regrets. No remorse. So be prepared. And be protected. Introducing the MC1sc Subcompact 9mm Pistol by Mossberg. Combining optimal shootability with superior ergonomics, the MC1sc features an optimized grip angle for easier targeting, a flat-profile trigger for an improved pull, and our exclusive Safe Takedown System™: a design that does not require the user to pull the trigger during the disassembly process. The MC1sc Subcompact 9mm Pistol. Be ready to strike back.

BUILT TO CARRY. MADE TO PROTECT.
The MC1sc was built for concealment with its slim, dehorned profile that allows for a snag-free draw. Weighing only 22 ounces fully loaded, its lightweight and durable polymer construction is perfect for everyday carry. And with its grip palm swell, the MC1sc will feel natural and comfortable in your hand. Grip panels are integrated with aggressive texturing for added control. It all adds up to the ultimate concealed carry firearm.

MC1sc Anatomy

A) Safe Takedown System ensures no trigger pull required during disassembly.

B) Mossberg signature multi-angle slide serrations for positive slide manipulation.

C) Standard snag-free dovetail white three-dot sights for easier target acquisition, windage adjustment, and after-market customization. (Sig #8 compatible.)

D) Stainless steel slide with upgraded Diamond-Like Carbon Coating.

E) 3.4″ barrel with upgraded Diamond-Like Carbon Coating.

F) Extended trigger guard for easy access.

G) Mossberg flat-profile trigger with integrated blade safety.

H) Reversible magazine release.

I) Aggressive signature Mossberg grip texturing.

J) Palm swell and grip angle provide superior ergonomics.

K) Glass-reinforced polymer frame for enhanced durability.

L) Mossberg Clear-Count™ polymer 6-round flush-fit and 7-round extended magazines offer low friction and high wear-resistance.

Back
Top Bottom