• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Counting Bullets

CRCOLLECTOR

Default rank <400 posts Lifetime Supporter
Toujours Prêt
35   0
Reaction score
You learn something new everyday. Having ordered projectiles from online dealers in the past I never thought to count them. That all changed when reloading 500 7.62x39 AK rounds and I came up 20 bullets shy. Needless to say I started counting them and to my dismay I found that my orders were coming up short quite often. After calling these dealers to complain they told me that they weigh the projectiles instead of counting them. The problem herein is that projectile weight varies and most of them I weighed were heavier than the stated grain weight. This ultimately leads to not receiving what you paid for. I might be wrong but I feel these dealers should disclose the possibility that you will likely be shorted due to their weighing projectiles versus counting them. If this helps anyone then my rant will be worth it. Being new to reloading I had to learn the hard way. BUYER BEWARE!

Doing it to speed up their process time ,but at your expense :(

I've seen tables on the net that give the weight per amount on differing projectiles.
But they need to pay closer attention to the numbers .
Instead it sounds like some kinda one size fits all :(

They need to check their methods regularly , otherwise there is no Q in QC ..

These are bulk purchases of quality bullets some of which are in the factory boxes and do not represent a problem. Only when the number is less than factory packaging ( for example a factory box containing 4000 projectiles but only 2000 are purchased) and said packaging is opened to fill the order does the problem present itself.

Sorry you got ripped that would suck.
Only thing I've ever bought quantity of was those Hornandy .223 55gr cheapies.
Like Nonlib said, there's always a few extra in the 1k pack.
Those cheapies they have their place in 3 gun matches and close in work.
With a weighed charge they're pretty accurate.

Just got my order from Precision Reloading . . I weight out 100 fmj 223 in 2 lots and they were the same . Came up 27 short out of 1000'. Came up 19 short on the soft points from 600 .....good business should tell them they need to make sure they are over and never under. These were Hornadys

Well I didn't get what I paid for and they would probly admit they didn't count them . It would be curious to find out there. Response to having them send me 46 bullets they owe me . We will see what kind of mood I'm in tomorrow to see if I follow through with sending me what they owe me

Back
Top Bottom