• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Counting Bullets

When I contacted the dealers they didn't seem surprised and stated that they would send me the projectiles I was missing. I came away with the impression that they could care less that there was an issue here. Apparently they don't receive enough complaints to change their ways.

Just received (7.62X51 308 Projectiles 147 M80 Ball 2000 Bullets FREE Priority SHIPPING) from United Nations Ammo Company. Projectiles were in packaging from their supplier and lo and behold upon counting them I found I was shorted 5 projectiles. I immediately sent them an email and have yet to hear from them. Unfortunately this appears to be a bigger problem than most people are aware of. I'm sure the majority of buyers do not count large orders but maybe they should. Previous orders I was shorted on were from Wideners and Graf & Sons whom I feel are reputable. So far they all have made good on all shortages.

Back years ago, Hornady would always have 101 bullets in their 100 round boxes..This kept me shooting their stuff for awhile ..Anybody know if they still have this practice ?

Yes, I always come out ahead on the Hornady, it's been a little while, but I think they still do it.

It's funny because the first several times it left me scratching my head and recounting what was finished. I'm kinda slow sometime, so it took it happening a few times before I caught on. lol

Yes, I always come out ahead on the Hornady, it's been a little while, but I think they still do it.

It's funny because the first several times it left me scratching my head and recounting what was finished. I'm kinda slow sometime, so it took it happening a few times before I caught on. lol

Yeah. Too funny! I loaded 100 rounds of 10mm a few weekends back and I was surprised to have 3 extra Remington 180 gr MC's at the end. I thought it was my lucky day but maybe this is standard practice based some of the comments above.

But you are getting your full weight of lead...
Almost all systems like it are done by weight, but the manufacturer should know the average weight and go over enough to ensure that you get the right count.
Sweet always used to have 101 bullets in a box of 100.

Back
Top Bottom