• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Country Folks Superstore New Range in Cumming is .... eh...

Jester7

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
95   0
Reaction score
We went by the new Country Folks range on Thursday (grand opening) after eating at the Dickey's BBQ and having some cupcakes (from their bakery).

Some quick thoughts:

1) BBQ was okay, Brisket was better than the pulled pork (dry) but they were crazy busy so will probably get better (like any other Dickey's BBQ really).

2) Cupcakes were okay but the fruit bread was very good! (we went with Peach).

3) The range was nice but all the rules were disappointing. They have a lot of rules.. and man, if you miss it when you check in, they have them posted all over the place AND a giant sign about 7 feet high when you open the range door :)

So, they are afraid of steel core ammo so they look at all your ammo (liked my sealed PMC ammo) with a magnet... just in case. Oh, they search all your bags, etc. and unload any loaded mags, test any loose ammo etc. I had a handful of wolf 223 ammo, steel cased of course, so I couldn't take that on the range (they held it for me) and ONE round of Golden Bear which of course is actually steel cased but brass coated... the guy looked at me like I was trying to pull a fast one on him.

My wife was looking through the list of calibers allowed for rifles and noticed they didn't include 5.7. She asked and was told that 5.7 was ARMOR PIERCING ... definitely not allowed. I started to say something but figured it wasn't worth it.. clearly that specific employee only knew what they had heard.

Anyway, the range is Nice and new, 3 separate bays. The range official was a super nice guy (he hung out the whole time we were there). There are multiple cameras in each bay so the employees at the desk can watch.

They do have memberships... a little expensive according to my research. If you buy in at the $625 level you get some additional discounts, FIRST in LINE privileges, etc. in addition to the range time (and $15 transfer fees... not sure what normal people have to pay and afraid to ask). Cost for a visit is $15 per first person on a lane (2 per lane) and $12 for the 2nd.

We have always liked the country folks store in the past and were looking forward to the new eats and range. Again, a very nice range, if you are okay with the rules and are ready for an ammo search. If it was my range I would definitely have gone in a different direction but it isn't so take my feedback for what it's worth (I have never run a range... only used a few dozen so I know what I like).

If you have visited (in the last 2 days) let me know what you thought.

We probably won't be back.

Attachments

• IMG_0733.JPG
    IMG_0733.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 379
I'm glad I have other options. But keep in mind these places have to keep a tight reign when dealing with the general public. A lot of gun owners are just absolute idiots when it comes to gun safety. I hope I never shoot at another indoor range. Ever.

This. I have a hard enough time dealing with momos that think rules do not apply to them or are in place to take the fun out of driving, I don't need to deal with it on a public indoor range.

Back
Top Bottom