• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Couple of things I witnessed at the Gwinnett Eastman show today

jwinston

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
54   0
Reaction score
A buddy and I went down to the Eastman show today just to have something to do. We got there about 11 and man was the place packed. I have never seen that show so busy before. As we are walking around I come up on a really nice SKS. Im a fan of unmolested examples of this rifle, It was a norinco and I was diggin it. Then I flipped over the tag......"unfired" for $750. Really?!?! I mean come on, I know they can ask whatever they want but geez lets make yourself look more like a greedy bastage. So we have a good laugh at that and move on. I saw a Thompson (tommy gun), and the two guys that were looking if over are taking among themselves and I hear that they dont seem to know what they are looking at. One asked the other " Where do you mount the scope?" I could tell this was a honest question he asked the other. He was totally serious.....I wanted to just slap him in the back of the head.(You know the light "your and idiot slap" Not that I would really lay hands on someone over something like that)

Last edited:
Did you educate the guys at the Thompson? My buddy Wallace's as of a year ago had never even fired a firearm. Folks need to learn, and the influx of new firearms enthusiast and owners are great opportunities for some who have been doing this for years to educate and help these new folks! Our community is strengthened by this passing of wisdom, and leading them out of the darkness of Hollywood perception of firearms.

I agree! I was just ill already from the crowd and we were about to leave, before I could slap the guy my buddy told him some facts of the thompson. I was just ready to leave at this point and didnt really say anything. My buddy passed some gun info to an uninformed person, thats a good thing. Im all about education about firearms but the ass in me had taken over and it was time to go :tape:

Plus I really gotta stop going to shows. I get worked up over pricing of guns, how the prices just seem to be getting out of control. Then the ammo issues. I mean geez, ammo prices are getting out of hand lately.

Hahaha! Felt the same way at the Cartersville show a few weeks ago. Tables were so close it was miserable moving around. Did score a great deal from TNT Armory on a Glock 23, but the handful of truly irritating pushed my limits. Did meet some of the folks from ODT, so now I always see gunshows from now on as a chance to fellowship with other ODTers.

The gun shows are becoming a joke as of late. I agree with y'all on the prices, but I could see it being cool hanging out with some of the ODT guys.

:rolleyes: I'm just there to visit, all my guns fell in Lake Allatoona after an unfortunate boating accident.

Kind of reminds me of a restaurant. Nobody goes there anymore because it's so crowded. The place was packed, but nobody goes to Eastman shows???

Back
Top Bottom