Coyote in East Cobb Subdivision

Tactical Beaver

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hop in, no time to explain...
71   0
Reaction score
Hey all,

I know the legalities of hunting these things as I grew up in the country. Hell, we used to shoot them all the time. However, I now live in snob-burbia and we've seen or heard of numerous coyote sightings. The below pics are from 9am this morning in my neighborhood, which is a very densely populated sub-division in East Cobb. In fact, the same trail you see in these pictures, I frequently take my dog on walks through. It's a pasture leading into the woods, maybe 1/2 mile long right up the street from my house. I walk this trail frequently at night with my night vision. I always carry! I obviously can't hunt these things in my neighborhood....you know with close proximity of neighbors, HOA bull ****, and "laws"....LOL. With that said, does anyone know the legality of "emergency euthanization" of these predators? I know it's legal in Georgia to euthanize domesticated animals in an emergency situation, so I'm assuming the laws are a little more relaxed on predatory, nuisance animals. In other words what I'm asking .... what if I "hypothetically" went on a night walk with my dog, a coyote approaches us violently, I pull out my pistol, and drop that ****er..... can I get into trouble if I shoot the damn thing? In such a populated area? In a subdivision of metro Atlanta? What if I leave a neighbors party and I've had a couple beers? A lot of things happen and there are so many factors, so I just wanted to get the ODT's opinion.....regardless, I would protect my self and my dog....just don't want to go to jail if I shoot one of these things in my neighborhood...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Good excuse for a suppressor.

If it truly was an emergency, I wouldn't care what was said. On the other hand, I'd probably just take the shot and walk away if there were no witnesses.

See them often...deer too...I'm near Lassiter HS.

Sad to see the Missing dog/cat flyers around...I'm thinking coyote poop.

Yup always...we grew up with coyotes and wolves...my dad retired from the Marine Corps...tough SOB...never seen him scared of anything...except mice! Yup, he couldn't handle mice....scared this **** out of him for some reason....one Christmas I hit him with a fake one and literally about lost my life...I'm not a Marine, but was raised by one and you are all crazy SOB's!!!...LOL...thought that crazy ****er was going to gut me....anyways, he ended up getting him a bunch of barn door cats...about 8 of them if I recall...tough son of bitches too... I ran over one with the four wheeler, spit it out off the left rear tire about 4 feet in the air, and the ****er ran off like nothing happened...tough...anyway, Pops even made them winter shelters with electric beds and heated water.... *****'s....pun intended....lol... However none came back in the spring....yote poop for sure!

If your upstairs bathroom window overlooks a nice "green belt" in the sub where you might see one.... well... you know what comes next.. :)

Back
Top Bottom