• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crash Course in 10/22s

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
Just bought a brand new 10/22 and had to install the rail. Why in the world do they coat the black finish right over those filler screws?!?!? I liked to have NEVER got those out!

Next issue...got the rail installed and it looked like the screws were drilled off-center. The rail was all cockeyed. Eyeballing it over and over, come to realize the barrel was slightly clocked. I really did NOT want to send a brand new gun back to Ruger, so I looked at some videos and tore the whole thing down, removed the barrel. Whacking it with a mallet, parts started falling out, OH NO!

Found all the parts for the mag release and got all that reinstalled, reinstalled the barrel square, blue locktite on the v block bolts. Got it all back together and everything is square enough that I should be able to zero an optic. We will see! But damn what an afternoon just getting to this point!

I bought the gun literally just to put in the blue stock, shoulda been a 5 minute job....

20230313_171050.jpg
20230313_183838.jpg

So Ruger's QC has fallen off?
I guess. I took the rail from my other 10/22 and swapped them, they were both fine on the green one and both tilted terribly on the blue one. I thought it was the receiver at first. But when I removed the v block, the problem got a little better so I knew I was on the right track...

nice stocks, I like the color.. and what rail did you put on them? I probably need to upgrade an older model with a rail.

nice stocks, I like the color.. and what rail did you put on them? I probably need to upgrade an older model with a rail.
They both came with rails but you have to install them yourself. I wish Ruger would just install see-thru rails from the factory and just be done with it, it would have made this process a whole lot easier.

Back
Top Bottom