• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

crazy idea want load .50bmg projectile in .500 s&w case

Codyology

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
Ok want to make a key chain for myself.

Ive got 1 .50bmg projectile and a nickle large pistol primer .500 s&w case thats near its end of reload case life. I know I can use the expender die to flare it so the 50 will fit. Use the seater to slowly slide it down to the cannelure.

Now crimping is where I think im going to have a problem.
I dont have a factory crimp die. I haven't try putting all this mess together yet.

Have anyone done any crazy mixature like this for fun like key chain or necklace.

Should be doable. Most straight wall dies have a built-in crimp on the seater die. Just remove the plug so the projectile can poke out the top and crimp away. If the projectile is boattail i would not even flare the mouth.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20121230_200154.jpg

Yea I use the crimp like that all the time. Duh I wasnt thinking at time just unscrewing the seater all the way out.

Haven't gotten around to putting this thing together yet. But does anyone know where I can get some cheap .50 bmg projectiles nothing high end. A couple friends are wanting one. I got this one years ago at a gun show I think. Heck fmj 20 box would work.

If I am not mistaken you can not do it. The 50bmg projectile is 0.501, and the 500s&w is 0.499, may not be a big difference but it will be when you try to chamber it. (I had the same idea for .50AE)

Back
Top Bottom