• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

crewface memorial poker game-In atlanta sunday

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
so my father was an avid pool and poker player among many other things. he would frequent the Independent in midtown shopping center (across the street from grady high school, has movie theatre, trader joes, mellow mushroom, etc.).

they would have regular poker games on sundays at 6:00pm which he would normally attend (sometimes i would). in honor of his memory the Independent is hosting a memorial poker game. i think there is a buy in this time and all cash is being donated to the Alzheimers association (i think, dont quote me on this yet but i believe that is what is going on). my father didnt have Alzheimers but my mothers mom did and its what he would have wanted any donations to go towards im sure.

anyway the fella who is running the tournament is named Greg and is a super nice guy. they are also putting a plaque on the pool table he used often (how cool is that!)

if anyone wants to stop by please feel free to. its a smaller gathering generally but if you enjoy poker and good food/alcohol at decent prices then this is a good place to check out. they do poker games every week usually so if you just wanna do poker any other time i suggest this place for sure.

here is the location

http://www.independentatlanta.com/index.php.html

again this is set for this sunday (the 22nd) and it starts at 6:00pm (get there a bit early to sign up if you wanna swing by)

Back
Top Bottom