Crybabies eat your hearts out

30 yrs older means it was probably built a lot better & with the best materials & knowledge of the day. Cost to make was not the # 1 corporate concern back then. It was all about quality. Corporate America of today has for the most part put Quality behind Profit. I'll take you up on the shoot off . One day when my wife & I are heading out on a trip with no destination ( which is what we usually do). Maybe we can come thru Rome & hook up for some range time. Would love to see the Old Girl in action.

I'll agree with you on the quality issue. Still though, my crappy eyes and those A2 sights are going to make it difficult to actually shoot this thing to it's ability.

Sweet. If we weren't so far apart I would say lets meet up and see which will shoot the tighter group. Of course, mine is 30 years older than yours and handicapped by the sight technology of it's day. ;)

I'm your Huckleberry...

Irons vs irons I'd love to see how it matches up with mine. (The one on the right.) If for nothing else to see that great barrel on yours perform.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 24
I'm still tryin' wrap my Brain around the idea that NWS Traded a THREE-Inch Model 66 for a...a...an Olympic Arms AR!!! Yeah, I know all about 'em--I was "Around" when they came out, too--and I still think what I thought back then--It's STILL an OLY!

But then again, if EVERYBODY'S "Happy", what does it matter?...Right?...RIGHT?!?!... :) ....mikey357

I'm still tryin' wrap my Brain around the idea that NWS Traded a THREE-Inch Model 66 for a...a...an Olympic Arms AR!!! Yeah, I know all about 'em--I was "Around" when they came out, too--and I still think what I thought back then--It's STILL an OLY!But then again, if EVERYBODY'S "Happy", what does it matter?...Right?...RIGHT?!?!... :) ....mikey357
Well Mikey, I know that gun wise he got the better end of the deal, but value wise we both won. I remember reading about the "Stainless Ultra Match" in my dads gun magazines back in the 80s and dreaming about owning one. I didn't start buying AR15s until I was in high school in the mid 90s but by that time they had all been converted into preban tactical carbines so this is the first complete one I have ever seen. The barrels still command a premium today, so I think I did ok. Not only that, but I'm sure I could get some one in a ban state to give me 1k for the lower alone, which is what I asked for the 66-3.

I'm your Huckleberry...Irons vs irons I'd love to see how it matches up with mine. (The one on the right.) If for nothing else to see that great barrel on yours perform.
We will have to put something together. The wife's and kids birthdays are out of the way now, Anniversary isn't until October, so unless we schedule it on Valentines day, I should be able to make it. I played with this thing quite a bit last night, and it really is amazing that it was made by Olympic. Upper and lower fit together easily with no wiggle, rattle or movement of any kind, the trigger breaks like a glass rod at about 4.5 lbs, the action is as smooth as glass. You can tell Oly really tried to build a precision gun with these things. If it wasn't for the stop sign on the lower, you would think you were playing with a full house custom.

Back
Top Bottom