• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cube steaking a deer tenderloin

Cadcom

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
506   0
Reaction score
I'm slicing and hammer tenderizing a bigger buck tenderloin tonight. I usually fry them up but am a little concerned this one may be a little tough. Any one have any ideas on a marinade that might be good overnite?

I prefer to use the tears of my enemies but I am all out at the moment.

(I typed this all wrong - I am referring to the large backstraps and not the small tenderloins.)

Last edited:
I dont ever cube the tenderloin or the backstraps but to each his own.
Just follow the old southern routine. Pound em out with a cubing hammer and soak em in buttermilk overnight.
Tomorrow dredge them in some all purpose flour that has a good dose of black pepper and salt and fry them up in melted beef suet or vegetable oil.
Be sure and make white gravy and home made buttermilk biscuits too.
Dang I'm getting hungry

A1 NY Steakhouse marinade. Yes, I know it sounds cliche, but it is delicious. For years I have used Dale's and pineapple juice (pineapple tenderizes) until I bought the A1 on a whim for some backstrap on 4th of July. Everyone loved it and I only had time to marinade it for 3 hours. Since then we use it on chicken thighs, deer, and steak. Give it a shot. It's thick and strong so I add a little water to get it to the right consistency to seep in and it's awesome!!

Anything with some acid in it...lime juice, red wine...I've used a cap full of vinegar to a quart of water and it works great...I wash it well before cooking it up in that case though...Google venison marinades for more ideas...they are out there....

I usually don't pound them but this one is a kind of tough. It's cubed up and ready for the skillet tomorrow.
I have some of the A1 and use it on steaks. Im giving it a try.

Thanks!

I dont ever cube the tenderloin or the backstraps but to each his own.
Just follow the old southern routine. Pound em out with a cubing hammer and soak em in buttermilk overnight.
Tomorrow dredge them in some all purpose flour that has a good dose of black pepper and salt and fry them up in melted beef suet or vegetable oil.
Be sure and make white gravy and home made buttermilk biscuits too.
Dang I'm getting hungry
This is on the money, enzymes in the buttermilk will tenderize, and add great flavor.

Back
Top Bottom