• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cube steaking a deer tenderloin

I dont ever cube the tenderloin or the backstraps but to each his own.
Just follow the old southern routine. Pound em out with a cubing hammer and soak em in buttermilk overnight.
Tomorrow dredge them in some all purpose flour that has a good dose of black pepper and salt and fry them up in melted beef suet or vegetable oil.
Be sure and make white gravy and home made buttermilk biscuits too.
Dang I'm getting hungry

There will def be gravy and biscuits. The clock is ticking for their date with an iron skillet and some hot peanut oil.

I process my own and hated cutting up the front shoulders which i did till i ran across this ,check it out you might like it ..

I kind of fast forwarded through that. Looks good - I was cooking shoulders in one of those ceramic roasters but I would put a shoulder, onions, butt rub and red bell peppers in an oven bag. Seal it up and cook it for 8 hours with a cup of marsala wine. Fell off the bone and was awesome! I do want to try the grill, like in the video to add that flavor.

I process my own and hated cutting up the front shoulders which i did till i ran across this ,check it out you might like it ..
I do something similar with the hindquarter. I have never grilled it first. I use a large cast iron dutch oven. I brown it first and then add stock and onions and simmer for a few hours. Add some baby carrots and taters and cook for additional 45 minutes and it's fall off the bone deliciousness. I'm going to try this with a shoulder. I usually grind mine.

butterfly the backstraps sprinkle chicago steak seasoning on both sides I think Mccormick makes it, then grill or pan sear it for a few minutes and dont wait till its pink in the middle gotta take it off the fire while it still seems raw in the middle and it will cook the rest of the way off the fire.

Back
Top Bottom