• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

West GA  *** Custom Professional BBQ Smoker ***

Wish I knew how to really BBQ / smoke and had 2k and a car/truck. Man I just bummed myself out :(.

Smoking is not really that complicated and Rhelton is correct; having a smoker that maintains heat for long periods of time w/o having to continuously add wood makes it much easier. Having the fire box on the side is the way to go!! You can add wood for both heat and smoke w/o opening your cooking area and loosing heat. The "small" smoker that Alcapone posted was built for me. My first time ever smoking meat, I smoked 8 butts, 2 chickens and 5 pounds of sausage. I did a little reading on the internet and everything came off w/o a hitch.

No better way to learn than to start my friend! I can promise you that it's easier when your cooker / pit maintains the same temperature easier and requires less monitoring (like the ones EarnesT makes) :)

I just want to echo this. Buy once, cry once. Or be like me and buy a COS (cheap offset smoker) and fight it for 27 hours. As soon as I get some things in order and free up some $$$ I'm going to be contacting Mr. Helton.

Back
Top Bottom