Cutting my hunting land

I hunted some cleared land in my teens. Some clear cut sone selective cut. It was awesome hunting! Wish I could get back on the property. I wouldn't worry to much. If this year is slow then next year will dominate!

Not the ideal time for them to cut, IMO, if you're a hunter. I've seen my share of it. Depending on how many hunters/acreage you are on, any fingers of woods will be heavily pressured. There could definitely be some opportunities because of it, so don't be too discouraged, and next year should be real good.

I hate to see trees go.

We are in pretty good shape as far a members and hunting pressure are concerned. I am the only dedicated bowhunter in the club, so I usually have the place to myself during archery. We have 315 acres of land and only 120 acres of it is being thinned. The remainder is bottomland hardwoods in an area of 8’ tall planted pines.
I’m going to focus my attention on a 10 acre hardwood lot on the other end of the lease, away from all of the commotion.

Well they start now, it's gonna get messy, mud, ruts, and when it rains they use logs to mix into the mud to form a base for the skidders, and trucks to run on.

They will take tree tops and spread them throughout the area, if you have stands out grab them quick as they seem to delight in tearing up stands, tripods, lean to stands.

They leave trash everywhere, hydraulic 5 gallon buckets, quart oil bottles, lunch bags, plastic bottles, some even bring their home garbage and leave it for you to clean up.

They usually do not clean up and and will leave your property in a dis-awry. So do not get upset it seems to joy them to irritate you greatly.

They will work 6 days a week, so your hunting time will we greatly shortened, if you try to hunt while they are there they will make it miserable until you leave the property.

However on the bright side when they leave in 3-6 months depending on whether or not the mill stops taking lumber then the disruption will be even longer.

The loggers, started on our property the 2nd week of JANUARY 2018, AND FINALLY LEFT THE LAST WEEK IN JUNE 2018, and now we are trying to re-claim our food plots, the top soil has been stripped all the top soil, to get to the base clay for better traction for the trucks, skidders, and the loaders.

The rain has the vegetation up to 8-12' high and still growing, so there is plenty to eat.

All they did to ours was 5th row ours.

Good luck, and remember do not make them mad as they have so many ways to irritate you...

Went in one Saturday, and when they left, and the parked all the equipment across main road on the property so several of us have bull doziers , and we know how to operate the equipment, so when we left we parked them all over the property in different places, we never had them block the main road again.

All they said, well we found out you guys play mean, however you did not hurt the equipment. We just smiled and said we got a lot of ways, hope you just enjoy playing nice from now on...

They have had a lot of experience at this, they are professionals...

Back
Top Bottom