• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cyclist...show us your favorite bikes!

Here is my favorite torture machine :cool:

S Works Tarmac SL2.jpg

Well... I was a BIG BMXer during the early to mid 80s. No trail bikes, but I had a $1,200 Hutch Trickstar (they stopped making them a long time ago) that I built from scratch. It's amazing what you could save up with grass-cutting money! And yes... that is me.

067_67 (cropped).jpg

Well... I was a BIG BMXer during the early to mid 80s. No trail bikes, but I had a $1,200 Hutch Trickstar (they stopped making them a long time ago) that I built from scratch. It's amazing what you could save up with grass-cutting money! And yes... that is me.

View attachment 192793

I was huge into BMX from 12-18. It was fun as hell, especially once you get pretty good. I was expert from 14-18 in NBL and ABA. Ended up literally snapping my hand off at the east coast nationals when i was 15 and thats started the shift out of BMX. Then once i got my license and a car, girls were more of a priority then racing.
Noonday BMX track circa 2002 with a Technique Pro XL frame, answer carbon forks, chris king headset and cassette hubs, profile cranks, shimano xtr lever and brakes, dk stem, answer chromoly bars, shimano clipless pedals or the time carbons depending on when pic was taken, and of course my lovely blue shimano carbon shoes.
i1216.photobucket.com_albums_dd373_Vdub818_noondaytriple_zps1a0362c9.jpg

Last edited:
I was huge into BMX from 12-18. It was fun as hell, especially once you get pretty good. I was expert from 14-18 in NBL and ABA. Ended up literally snapping my hand off at the east coast nationals when i was 15 and thats started the shift out of BMX. Then once i got my license and a car, girls were more of a priority then racing.
Noonday BMX track circa 2002 with a Technique Pro XL frame, answer carbon forks, chris king headset and cassette hubs, profile cranks, shimano xtr lever and brakes, dk stem, answer chromoly bars, shimano clipless pedals or the time carbons depending on when pic was taken, and of course my lovely blue shimano carbon shoes.
i1216.photobucket.com_albums_dd373_Vdub818_noondaytriple_zps1a0362c9.jpg

That is AWESOME! I was mostly into street tricks, quarter pipes, half pipes, and the occasional bowl down in Gainesville, FL. I did, however, race a GT Pro I had prior to the Hutch a few times on the track... Griffin, GA and Powder Springs, GA. Finished 3rd every single time I raced. I was actually sponsored by a BMX store in Marietta called FreeFlite. I don't think they're around anymore. It sure was fun! I miss a lot about those days. But I'll tell you... the tricks they do today on the half pipes, etc. make the tricks we used to do back in the 80s pale in comparison! I can't even imagine doing what they do nowadays!

Some trophies following a good day at the Griffin track (me on the right).

062_62.jpg

Yep freeflite is still around. I rode for bike connection and boneshakers. Powder springs was actually my home track till they opened noonday. Fun stuff man, but i had to decide to either continue winning by a straight in expert or jump to A pro and hardly be able to race. Nationals only for A pro and AA pro, and those nationals were not cheap. I still miss it from time to time....

I just built this Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Think2 (BOB) Black on Black..

80th Anniversary Campagnolo Super Record and 80th Anniversary wheels...

14lbs 1oz WITH pedals and bottle cage...this bike is very sharp in person!

photo copy 7.jpg

photo copy 8.jpg

photo copy 9.jpg

This is my daughters 1965 Murray trike that I restromoded.lol!

i40.tinypic.com_34j94xi.jpg

BTW, any of you bmx guys know where I can get some old bmx racing banners to hang up for my sons 8th birthday party? He loves riding and jumping his bike and wants to do a bmx themed party.. Please pm me if you have any info. Thanks and advance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom