• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CZ 455 Awesome!!!

Tusker6N

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
77   0
Reaction score
Picked up a CZ 455 American in 22mag. Outfitted it with a Nikon rimfire scope and some Leupold rings. Had a small niche that I had to fill for hog hunting on Fort Stewart.

Why is this rifle so awesome?
2 set screws and I can change the barrel to 17hmr.

I'm feeling the 22mag ammo shortage pain and have scored 100rds.

Everywhere I go there are thousands of rounds of 17hmr. So, in the near future I'm going to buy another barrel.

1st hunt with the CZ...I'm liking this little rifle.
IMG_20170128_154855187.jpg

Agreed. It's the best .22 I have owned. Mine is LR, not magnum, but the smoothness of the bolt when chambering a round is the best I've personally owned in a rimfire rifle. There may be better ones out there, just not that I have experienced. Zeroed mine at 50 yards suppressed with subsonic super X and made a 2nd shot hit on a clay at 200 yards after STRELOK told me to dial up 102 clicks...made me a believer.

View attachment 1044016

I zeroed mine at 50yds as well and the Rds were touching.
The only thing I will have to get used to is the safety. Pulling it back to "fire" instead of forward is making my head hurt.

Love mine in 22lr. Extremely accurate with the right ammo. Will group well under a minute at 100 yards on a calm day. It's my precision practice rifle when I want to put a lot of rounds down range.

I have been looking at the 550 with a manlicher stock for a long time wanting one so bad I can't stand it. I have heard they were the shiznit but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. No pun intended. If you run out of ammo give me a shout I have extra I can sell you a few boxes.

Back
Top Bottom