• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ 455 Varmint 22lr.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
So far this seems to be a very nice and accurate rifle. The trigger has just the smallest bit of creep and is set at 2.5lbs from the factory. That's not bad for a $450 rifle. I ran several types of ammo through it that I just had laying around and it did OK with all of it other than the 60 grain subsonics. It key holed two of five rounds of that stuff, but that has to do with twist rate rather than inherent accuracy. Surprisingly, the ammo it liked the best were the Stingers. It consistently shot tight groups even when I wasn't really trying. The one below is the last one I fired and I did try on that one. It was only 25 yards and obviously I need to shoot further to confirm results, but that's a five shot group that works out to 0.548 MOA. I was also shooting off of a typical indoor range table. Not exactly the best set up for accuracy.

CZ group.jpg

I've got an inexpensive Nikon on it and may change that later. I've also got some serious target ammo on order and it should be very interesting to see what the rifle will do with it.

CZ rifle.jpg

These CZ .22 rifles are retarded accurate...almost makes it boring to shoot...almost.
I had a 452 Varmint, thing was HEAVY, like Ophrah Winfrey heavy.
This one's no light weight, but I probably won't be using it for hunting. I've got a very light weight and accurate 10/22 and a light weight and very accurate Marlin 22 Mag for hunting.

Nice hole man. LoL
That SK or Lapua is among my Favorites in my 64S BR and 82GOVT. but i've been shooting Norma Target and Match lately.
Try some Norma in that puppy. AO has had plenty of it on the shelves for the last few months for about $60 a brick

Nice hole man. LoL
That SK or Lapua is among my Favorites in my 64S BR and 82GOVT. but i've been shooting Norma Target and Match lately.
Try some Norma in that puppy. AO has had plenty of it on the shelves for the last few months for about $60 a brick
Thanks for the heads up. That's a good price on some good ammo.

BTW, I don't think I have ever had another man say that to me. :scared:

Last edited:
It really likes the Lapua Center-X. Easy 0.60 MOA five shot groups at 100 yards with a little wind. It likes the RWS almost as much. The little bit of creep that was in the trigger is also gone. Very happy with this rifle. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom