• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CZ 75 P-01

mastino177

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
58   0
Reaction score
Just put one on lay away locally NEW for about $585 OTD...figured it was a DEAL. Like everything else I have, it will be added to the lineup, carried and shot. What recommendations do folks have for making it better than it already is, ie. sights, etc? I'm leading towards VZ grips (especially if they slim the grip), CGW black rear sight and a HD type front if available.

well its a lot about what you want and are familiar with.
myself I added a 13 pound main spring, this lightens the DA and SA trigger while remaining at a reliable primer strike.
I also added a set of true tritium night sites as it is my carry weapon.
the p-01 of course is the alloy framed version of the 75 Compact and with a rail, which I have no use for myself but it makes the lines of the pistol nicer and does add just a bit of weight to the front end.
I love the grips that came on both weapons and wouldn't even think of changing them myself.
Mine was cleaned out of the box, taken to the range where 200 rounds was ran through it at 7-10-12-15 yards, all 200 were in the 9 --10 ring.
it is now north of 1800 rounds and has never even hinted at wanting to malfunction.
I have a SP-01 that was the same except its only at 1200 rounds so far.
You should enjoy the weapon.

I put some thin VZ grips on mine because the rubber grips were a bit thick and the P-01 has the oddest trigger placment. It's too far forward in stock form. I put the 83 combat trigger on mine and with the super thin grips, it's perfect. I've also had some CGW trigger work done to it and topped it with HiViz fibre optic sights. Prolly my favorite handgun and hasn't had a single hiccup in about 1,000 rounds now, and I bought it used. Congrats. It's a great pistol. A bit rough around the edges in stock form, but shoots exceptionally well and is utterly reliable.

I love my P01 EDC. I may have to check out that main spring. Got a link for it?

Several places have them!' you can look at Wolffe gun springs , I got mine from Cajun Gun Works, Cajun also installed my nit sights for I think it was 130 bucks, that was shipping, the sites and installation.
turn around was 5 days.
I wouldn't go lower than 13-14 pounds unless you replace the firing pin and pin spring to maintain reliability, it should have a 16-17 pound spring now.

That's what makes everyone a bit different!
the Rubber grips with the palm swells fit just right for me, I carry the P-01 decocked and that allows the trigger to be just right in my hands, same with the SP-01.
grips are easy though if they don't fit your hand.

Back
Top Bottom