• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

cz p07 decocker falling out

zombie slider

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
23   1
Reaction score
Recently got a used p07 duty first time i took it to the range everything was fine but the 2nd time i went the decocker seemed to wiggle out every time i would fire it. Does anyone have a clue what might be the problem? Ive watched a video on how to switch it over to the safety lever and i have all the parts that should be in there.

The decocker is removable to swap to a cocked and locked format. If someone reassembled it wrong it will not lock in to place. There is a pigtail spring located on the shaft that locks into place on the lever. You disengage it by pressing down on the ejector. Take he slide off and see if that spring is bent in from improper reassembly.

it doesnt seem bent to me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 6
I only checked after I took it apart havent fire tested it and looked to see if the spring was engaging it yet. The springs $2 on czcustom I might just order a new one and the decocking lever its not to expensive either.

When you reassemble, see if you can work the lever out by hand without pressing down on the ejector. If so, it isn't lining up right or one of the two pieces is defective or damaged.

It moves enough for me to fit a scale in between the lever and the slide but won't come farther out, when I was shooting it though it was like an 1/8th of an inch far enough it wouldn't work the action enough to shoot with out cocking the trigger.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom