• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ P10 ....WahWhoa Waggy!!

I doubt that this is an intended feature, and really doesn't bother me as I hit the mag release and let it go.
But just for the record a good many CZ pistols on the 75 line have magazine brakes.
so the magazine does NOT drop completely out of the weapon upon hitting the magazine release.
it seems where these weapons are used (military/police) they have a bit of snow on the ground 8 months out of the year, and many places are very muddy so they don't want the magazine popping out and dropping at mag release.
they come out about 60-% of the way then the hand is used to remove them, that way they don't get lost, damaged and can be used again and again and again upon reloading.
on these weapons its easy to change that by simply bending the mag brake a bit and the mag will then pop out completely.

I doubt that this is an intended feature, and really doesn't bother me as I hit the mag release and let it go.
But just for the record a good many CZ pistols on the 75 line have magazine brakes.
so the magazine does NOT drop completely out of the weapon upon hitting the magazine release.
it seems where these weapons are used (military/police) they have a bit of snow on the ground 8 months out of the year, and many places are very muddy so they don't want the magazine popping out and dropping at mag release.
they come out about 60-% of the way then the hand is used to remove them, that way they don't get lost, damaged and can be used again and again and again upon reloading.
on these weapons its easy to change that by simply bending the mag brake a bit and the mag will then pop out completely.
Yes I seen a couple write ups on the mag retention, although Tactically that's a nightmare however, anyone who's quick to reload and is reaching for there spare mag while ejecting the empty one in the gun is now faced with grab the gun mag first or you're gonna have a double mag in your hands if you reach for the spare while ejecting the empty one. Not to mention now you gotta store it too, somewhere.
If mags cannot be dropped in a tactical environment and be retrieved after the fire fight.
I would heavily consider the operation steps necessary to operate that gun in any Stressed Environment.
Otherwise you're handicapped with You Must Grab your old mag first.
But I say why??? The most important thing is to Clear the Empty mag to reload because it's the LEAST most Important thing, then because the MOST Important thing becomes the NEXT Fully Loaded mag.
Just my .02

Also if your wrist is turned slightly to face the magwell in a typical angled fashion in the gun slightly, the mag can just stop sliding out because you didn't Time You're Button Release good, so the slightest of margin of bad timing the release button will not let the mag go free even though you already released the button, the mag still stays in. I literally shook the gun up and down after the button depressed and the mag stayed in. Which ultimately means you gotta grab it first,
....What?? You must grab the Least Important thing first to operate this in a stressful environment,
No Thanks, I'd rather grab the MOST Important thing first.

I don't disagree with you about the Mag Brake, but lets remember that different countries/armies train differently and the equipment they use may be designed for that use.
think Israel and other countries and the empty chamber carry as an example.
in areas of the old Soviet block magazines nor the money to buy them wasn't that easy to come by normally as I understand it.
so damage a mag and you might end up with a single shot pistol.
again I don't think this is a design feature of the p-10.

Back
Top Bottom