• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CZ PCR vs P-01?

Alright so seems like the sphinx while a great gun but not head and shoulders above a cz with some upgrades right? Also how are the cgw parts and upgrades, worth it or not

AHH yep!
them or CZ Custom do exceptional work if you want them to do it.
how good it is IF you do is depending on your abilities but the parts are very good and the companies are top notch in customer service.
depends if you want to go mild or wild on a carry pistol, myself lighter main spring. extended firing pin, reduced power firing pin spring, solid firing pin cross pin was more than enough for me on a carry weapon.
but taste are different.

Would those be hard to install yourself. I have never broken down a hammer fired gun completely only striker and rifle

well again depends on expertise level, but generally speaking no they aren't hard to install.
its 75% removing pins through the frame , and replacing the parts and re inserting the pins.
The mainspring (hammer spring) is in the grip, easier than 1911, the Short trigger reset is removing the trigger pin and parts, the firing pin , firing pin spring again is driving out the firing pin cross pin.
generally the cross pin is replaced with a solid unit at that point.
Cajun has videos on all this I believe at their site?? (Cajun Gun Works) or check out u -tube. look for videos from Schelmy (David ) at Cajun or from CZ Custom and decide.
or call david , you will find him to be the nicest guy in the gun business and glad to help.
he can also help you decide exactly what you want in the gun for its intended purpose.

Glad to help .
I think that you will find the CZ/ Tanfoglio/ Canik weapons to be pretty well made and there are loads of after market parts to improve them even farther.
Cajun and CZ Custom are really good customer oriented people.
there may be minute differences in these brands but pretty close to IF you know one then you know them all.
let us know how this all works out for you.

CZ Compact 1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom