• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 Barrel Nut Removal...!!!

81433AD

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
92   0
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this?! I bought the HBI tool, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to get off?

I'm in Acworth, any recommendations on a reputable gunsmith?

Carbine or pistol? Not that it really matters...

There's some YT videos out there with hints, but I found the key with my carbine-length handguard was to make sure it was locked up solidly in a vise. It will take a lot of torque to break free, and the gun has to be stable.

This is made a lot harder because the EVO is mostly plastic (all right, 'polymer'), so you need to be very careful on how you set it up. I actually used a woodworkers vice (wooden), but a metal vice with soft jaws should do it as well.

Also, they show it with a ratchet wrench, but I had to use a breaker bar to get mine started.

Carbine or pistol? Not that it really matters...

There's some YT videos out there with hints, but I found the key with my carbine-length handguard was to make sure it was locked up solidly in a vise. It will take a lot of torque to break free, and the gun has to be stable.

This is made a lot harder because the EVO is mostly plastic (all right, 'polymer'), so you need to be very careful on how you set it up. I actually used a woodworkers vice (wooden), but a metal vice with soft jaws should do it as well.

Also, they show it with a ratchet wrench, but I had to use a breaker bar to get mine started.
Thanks for the advise. I had to walk away from it for the day before I ruin something.

I don’t like the HBI tool too much because your angle of attack Hass to be almost perfect to get that barrel nut off the first time. I prefer the MI 1” barrel socket.

Attachments

• EEF79EFB-1FE5-41AD-BE82-16F522DF9D8B.jpeg
    EEF79EFB-1FE5-41AD-BE82-16F522DF9D8B.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 151
Anyhow, this is the next best thing. I use part of my hydraulic jack handle and put it over the ratchet. Gives me a ton of leverage and I haven’t encountered a nut that this combo hasn’t loosened. You just have to aply steady and even pressure and keep it perpendicular.

Attachments

• 636754B0-FBD2-417D-B9B9-7C9BF41FACF9.jpeg
    636754B0-FBD2-417D-B9B9-7C9BF41FACF9.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 150
Back
Top Bottom