• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

D.R.T. ammo?

Thats cool! I have wanted some but didnt want to buy any untill i found out the were good, cuz theyre kinda expensive.

Warning they are ballistic crap I'll try to find the test on them, but as usual no magic round exist that is going to stop on hard/semi hard surfaces but act as a hollow point and get the desired penetration when shooting. From what I recall they acted like fmj's in soft targets and even over penetrated some semi-hard surfaces like drywall and wood.

Found it.
At a distance of about 10 yards, we shot into gallon jugs of water, nine layers of 7/16" oriented strand board (OSB) and, in desperation, a dirt bank. In no case did we get one of these supposedly frangible bullets to expand. It made a 9mm hole through the water jugs, a 9mm hole through all nine layers of OSB and a 9mm hole in the dirt. All of the bullets that we recovered were essentially unchanged except for rifling marks. We did not have access to calibrated ballistic gelatin and therefore were not able to attempt to reproduce the tests documented by DRT on their web site

For normal civilian purposes, these DRT bullets behave like FMJ (ball) ammunition. This ammunition is not a good choice for personal or family defense use in an apartment, mobile home or typical urban house, as it will easily shoot through walls, endangering people on the other side. The DRT ammo tested is not a viable replacement for pre-fragmented ammunition, such as the famous Glaser Safety Slug.

Read more at http://www.chuckhawks.com/drt_ammo.htm

Also it has terrible penetration, even in their 45ACP which is only a whopping 150g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t2HpFg6Gws

Last edited:
I personally love the stuff. I have used in in .223,.308 and .45..I know there are some tests out there that are against it. But there are plenty on it's side too. I have used it on live animals and have seen what it does. It is some of my favorite ammo! To each their own..

Back
Top Bottom