• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daewoo K1A1 SBR

I know that there has been some suggestion of not doing it, but I say go for it. You are right to ask for a quality smith to get it done. Sorry I don't know of one in the area to do that, but keep searching. I think it would be really nice to have the K1A1 in what we might term a more "original" form. Balance and utility should be really nice. Same reason I built an XM177E1. I have no regrets. I think the originals have a flash hider that looks a lot like the XM177E1/E2 Moderator. There are some of the faux style that come around from time to time. Good Luck with your search and enjoy that rifle!

Woah, just realized from the photos that looks like South Korea is now using M4 buffers and stock instead of the old wire slider. If you find a REALLY good machine shop (Smith), they could drill and tap the rear of the lower receiver so you could add a buffer tube and lock ring. Now THAT is a big step!!? Not sure it should be attempted. No returning from that and not easy to find another lower in case it turns out badly.

You can try to order one of the forward rails, but they are pricey and a little hard to source.

I really like the distinctive turn down area at the front of the flash hider. You gotta add that feature. Should be easy, just requires refinishing the FH.

Attachments

• main-qimg-dab24a67353b47e77c2e989917af77ae.jpg
    main-qimg-dab24a67353b47e77c2e989917af77ae.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 20
  • 4951351214_70db29a91e_b.jpg
    4951351214_70db29a91e_b.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Carbine_Daewoo_K1.jpg
    Carbine_Daewoo_K1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 18
  • R.jpg
    R.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 21
If it were mine, I'd reach out to D.Wilson and pick his brain. He's the only one I'd trust to work on something like that.

So hot. I am going to pick our gunsmiths brain on this, these are the types of daily conversations we have around the shop anyway that make the day go round. X2 for D. Wilson though

Back
Top Bottom