• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daewoo Rifles ~ Information

Here's my DR-200. I have it listed currently.
20210109_143925.jpg

Boneboy, does the barrel have any indication of what the twist rate is? Being some of the last Woos into the country, I would think they might have a 1:9 or a 1:7 twist?

The earlier folding stock models are more than likely 1:12.

I will definitely be checking mine to see if I can determine. Probably won't be able to get to it until next week. Will post when I get some time. I have shot 62 out of it, but never for accuracy. Just shot steel.

Great question.

Boneboy, does the barrel have any indication of what the twist rate is? Being some of the last Woos into the country, I would think they might have a 1:9 or a 1:7 twist?

The earlier folding stock models are more than likely 1:12.

I will definitely be checking mine to see if I can determine. Probably won't be able to get to it until next week. Will post when I get some time. I have shot 62 out of it, but never for accuracy. Just shot steel.

OK, picked this up from the old Daewoo Rifle Parts FB page. I do not know all the details, but at some point he decided to get out of the business. He put the FB page and an inventory of about 28k worth of parts up for sale. Amazingly, I guess nobody bought it? Or they didn't by the FB page. Surprised it is up, but not active. I guess stuff on the Internet does last forever?

Here is the interesting part, and he should know. He states ALL thumbhole Daewoo's (DR200) have 1 in 12 twist barrels. I believe he dates them to sometime post 1990. I am really surprised by this. Also details other features of the other rifle types. He details the twist rates of those listed. Seems to be a very confusing rhyme or reason for guessing what twist rate each model type may have. Seems 1/7.3 came early on, with 1/12 following up near the end of importation??

FROM THE FACE BOOK PAGE:

1. Gas tube, Direct impingement with collapsible stocks. ALL were imported before 1989
(K1, K1A1, AR-110c, Max I models) MOSTLY 1/12 twist bbls

2. Gas piston, folding stock, pre-89, bayo lug, FH, MOSTLY 1/7.3 twist bbls >1984 for use with M855 62gr 5.56mm ammo.
(K2, AR-100, Max II models)

3. Gas piston, thumbhole stock, post-90, no FH, no bayo lug 1/12 bbls. Lower receivers modified for thumbhole stock. Different selector plunger/spring/set screw/buffer/buffer spring. Most other parts being common with all other preban types.

ALL DR200s have 1/12 twist barrels for M196 55gr 5.56mm ammo. MOST NUMEROUS, >20,000 examples imported. Many have been converted to more military looking stocks and pistol grips, have had fake flash hider unsoldered and replaced with proper flash hider. (922r parts count rules apply)

Guess nobody will mind the cut and paste job, if nobody is maintaining the web site.

Here is the author's description of issue with DR300's. Again from the now defunct Daewoo Rifle Parts FB page.

DR300 (7.62x39mm) is a strange critter with only about 1500 imported. Suffers fatal design flaw in weak bolt. Parts differences are bolt, barrel, barrel extension, extractor, recoil spring (much heavier) and NO GAS PLUG. Other than lack of gas plug appearance identical to DR200.

Great info. Nice find.

OK, picked this up from the old Daewoo Rifle Parts FB page. I do not know all the details, but at some point he decided to get out of the business. He put the FB page and an inventory of about 28k worth of parts up for sale. Amazingly, I guess nobody bought it? Or they didn't by the FB page. Surprised it is up, but not active. I guess stuff on the Internet does last forever?

Here is the interesting part, and he should know. He states ALL thumbhole Daewoo's (DR200) have 1 in 12 twist barrels. I believe he dates them to sometime post 1990. I am really surprised by this. Also details other features of the other rifle types. He details the twist rates of those listed. Seems to be a very confusing rhyme or reason for guessing what twist rate each model type may have. Seems 1/7.3 came early on, with 1/12 following up near the end of importation??

FROM THE FACE BOOK PAGE:

1. Gas tube, Direct impingement with collapsible stocks. ALL were imported before 1989
(K1, K1A1, AR-110c, Max I models) MOSTLY 1/12 twist bbls

2. Gas piston, folding stock, pre-89, bayo lug, FH, MOSTLY 1/7.3 twist bbls >1984 for use with M855 62gr 5.56mm ammo.
(K2, AR-100, Max II models)

3. Gas piston, thumbhole stock, post-90, no FH, no bayo lug 1/12 bbls. Lower receivers modified for thumbhole stock. Different selector plunger/spring/set screw/buffer/buffer spring. Most other parts being common with all other preban types.

ALL DR200s have 1/12 twist barrels for M196 55gr 5.56mm ammo. MOST NUMEROUS, >20,000 examples imported. Many have been converted to more military looking stocks and pistol grips, have had fake flash hider unsoldered and replaced with proper flash hider. (922r parts count rules apply)

Guess nobody will mind the cut and paste job, if nobody is maintaining the web site.

Here is the author's description of issue with DR300's. Again from the now defunct Daewoo Rifle Parts FB page.

DR300 (7.62x39mm) is a strange critter with only about 1500 imported. Suffers fatal design flaw in weak bolt. Parts differences are bolt, barrel, barrel extension, extractor, recoil spring (much heavier) and NO GAS PLUG. Other than lack of gas plug appearance identical to DR200.

Details

Attachments

• IMG_2390.jpg
    IMG_2390.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2391.jpg
    IMG_2391.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2393.jpg
    IMG_2393.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 14
In early 2000s they came out with the Daewoo car. Our dealership got a bunch of them we were all excited because they were inexpensive and they had a lot of features. They didn't sell worth a damn and we had to end up selling them for $6,000 a piece and they were about 17,000 MSRP. He wanted to get rid of them so bad we got a $500 bonus for each one we sold. I sold three one Saturday. Made my month and one one day. Is that commission on the front end commission on the financing and a $500 bonus on each car that worked out to be about $750 per car. but now you can't get parts for them so they're worthless.

Back
Top Bottom