• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daewoo Rifles ~ Information

In early 2000s they came out with the Daewoo car. Our dealership got a bunch of them we were all excited because they were inexpensive and they had a lot of features. They didn't sell worth a damn and we had to end up selling them for $6,000 a piece and they were about 17,000 MSRP. He wanted to get rid of them so bad we got a $500 bonus for each one we sold. I sold three one Saturday. Made my month and one one day. Is that commission on the front end commission on the financing and a $500 bonus on each car that worked out to be about $750 per car. but now you can't get parts for them so they're worthless.

Guns not really the same as cars, but I think as far as cars go, the Korean auto manufacturers did themselves a favor by coming to the US. It set the bar higher, as far as durability. Korea is a small country by comparison, so getting a Korean car to do 100's of thousands of miles take some improvements, which it seems they have done.

On the other hand, most "pre-ban" rifles have no parts back up either, but most of the guns still run and get shown more than they get shot. But being much simpler tools, they just do their job with more efficiency.

I have a good number of guns that you can no longer get parts for, but I still shot em.

Except for the flawed DR-300, I don't hear much about Daewoo rifles breaking... it seems they were designed to last a good long time in severe conditions.

Here's one of mine, taken after removing the thumbhole and adding the stormworx foregrip. My other one (that I don't feel like digging out right now, will post up later) has an Ace stock and 90° selector but factory foregrip.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210129-040838.jpg
    Screenshot_20210129-040838.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 20
My Daebaby. Has a cut down barrel, YHM flash hider pinned and welded at 16 1/8", DSH FAL railed fore-end (previous owner installed and said it was a pain), Knights Armament rail covers, receiver pic rail, carry handle, ATI red dot, HK styled pistol grip (forgot who makes the pistol grip?) a Lage or Daewoo Parts polymer lightweight stock. I was thinking it had the Stormwerkz pistol grip/ stock adapter, but it does not. The PG is designed to bolt onto the bare receiver ( after thumbhole stock is removed) and I have no idea who made the folding stock mount? You can still get this style stock from Lage. Has a Daewoo Rifle Parts 90 degree safety. Stormwerkz is basically the same thing. It is a super handling rifle and shoots like a sewing machine. The center of balance is forward, just at the forward part of the receiver/ barrel interface. It is so much fun to shoot. Smooth and fast.

View attachment 3021054 View attachment 3021055 View attachment 3021056 View attachment 3021059

OMG hottness.

Back
Top Bottom