• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dan Wesson DWX

1678224380249.png

I have a DWX. It's really sweet. I still prefer the feel of a single stack 1911, but this gun feels VERY good, to me better than a Staccato or the like. It's accurate, more accurate than me. Accurate, not like the crap shoot you get with many Sig pistols where they group well at 7 or 10 yds, but scatter all over the place if you go further out to 25 or so.

One can argue over what is better in terms of barrel lockup. I presume the more modern lockup is considered an improvement over the original 1911 design, at lease Sig though it was when they designed the P210, one of the most accurate semi auto guns in the world.

To me, they kept all the best parts of the 1911, the trigger and grip angle, and modernized it. I love 1911's, always my favorite, but what they've done with the DWX is pretty creative in a world where everything has been done.

Why would you choose it over anything else? Some thoughts:

1) If you want a double stack 1911 without the ginormous polymer grip found on 2011's, this might be your only option, certainly the only one under $2000.
2) If you want to be able to tailor your grip to you preference without changing out or modifying your 2011 grip. I added some thin bogie Lok grips. The texture aggressive, what I wanted, and slimmer than stock (also what I wanted).
3) If you want high quality with no MIM parts for under $2000, other than the Platypus, this is the ONLY option I'm aware of.
4) Takes the CZ magazines, which are less expensive and IMO, more reliable.

No optics cut (yet). People love to complain about that, but if you really want that, having it milled is better than most all factory optics options.

I also have a DWX Compact on the way and plan to make that my EDC.

Attachments

• DWX1.jpg
    DWX1.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom