• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dan Wesson DWX

I just received my DWX Compact. It's going to be my carry gun after I put the 500 round reliability/break-in rounds through it.

DW/CZ has really done something noone else has with the ergonomics. Both Kimber KDS9C and Wilson Combat EDC X9 feels clunky and unimaginative to me. It just doesn't seem like much though was put into the ergonmoics. The Wilson Combat SFT9 is much better than those 2 (for me) due to the thinner milled in grip texture (vs panels). Now, the DWX Compact has grip panels, so you have the option to swap them out, but they are not thick. The overall thickness of the grip feels very similar to the WC SFT9, but they do something extra with that make the gun just feel like it's hooked into your hand. It's pretty great! Great shooter to boot! I love my SFT9, but I may just like this better.

I sat down with my WC SFT9 and the DWX Compact and noted the ergonomics improvements the DWX-C has over the SFT9. See the photos with red annotations.

The beavertail undercut is deeper on the DWX-C which tucks my hand tighter under the beavertail and I think gives me a higher grip and lower bore axis. Also the contours on the front of the grip help lock the grip in as well. Finally, the top above the grip panels on the DWX-C is a bit thinner giving a nice extra grip between thumb and forefinger. Overall striking improvement to me. Seems like they really thought this out.

Attachments

• IMG_6372.jpeg
    IMG_6372.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6371.jpeg
    IMG_6371.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6373.jpeg
    IMG_6373.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom