• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dang that was fast!

A lot of guys are posting on the NFA Reddit page that they’re getting them back in 30 to 60 days regularly.

Some are saying they’re doing this in a few hundred at a time just so they can claim that the average wait is shorter than it actually is.
This would actually make sense to the bureaucrat mindset. After all, and average can be moved down a lot by mixing in some very low numbers (as my college GPA proved).

If they turn around a batch of 'easy' ones in record time, it would definitely lower the overall average. With all the pre-checks Silencer Shop does, I bet the error rate on their e-files is essentially zero, so they could simply rubber stamp them.

I guess so but never had a problems with the trust in the past. Enjoy your new whisper pickle.
In all the trackers I see trusts take a little longer, but it doesn't seem like it's a lot. Maybe that's changed recently.

Yup, looking forward to picking it up Saturday. I have the 22 version and it's been great. I'll be curious how the 9mm version performs.

354 days so far

I've got a pickle in jail at the moment waiting on a Silencershop e-filed trust - and because of some interaction I had with with the staffer processing the application at the ATF, I know that they'd finished their paperwork and I know within a couple days on what date they passed on the process to the FBI for the background check.

That was in mid-August, and once the OK comes back from the FBI, the final stage is literally just a rubber stamp. So the holdup NOW seems to be the FBI.

Waiting by the mailbox like a bobby-soxxer in a 1950's doo-wop hit.

I got one 6-1-23 and I just got a batch approval in September and this wasn't included. I hoped for a quick turnaround, but it's never my luck!!

Back
Top Bottom