• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Darn homeowners insurance coverage is jacked UP

I believe usaa is vet only. No peon civilians. Would love to get on it and both dad and step dad are vets but neither is on usaa

Not so fast. USAA provides insurance to members and to their dependents and their dependents and on and on. I've been a 1st generation dependent member since 1983 and am now retired. My daughter now has USAA through me. I receive a dividend just before Christmas each year. My father being a vet receives a much larger dividend.

Persuade your Dad and Step-dad to join so you and your lineage can join as well. Contact: 210-531-USAA (that's 210-531-8722) or 800-531-8722. Lots of perks besides insurance and banking products. I bought my last car wholesale in 2013 through the USAA Buying Service, and in years past participated in their real estate program offering lower commissions and a rebate after the sale. I recently priced out home insurance locally and found that other companies had also raised rates. I think the fault lies with the insurance commissioner.

I find that if you change carriers every couple of years you end up with better new "introductory" rates. Every year your coverage goes up a little because its a pain to switch your coverage and they know youre not likely to do it. Same thing with auto insurance. Shop around every couple years and you'd be amazed at how much you can save

For homeowners check out Farm Bureau. They will want to do your car too, but they are usually higher on those. They will do HO only, but you have to push a bit. Cheapest I've been able to find here in GA.

Back
Top Bottom