• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Darnell Creek Range

Smiley

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
58   0
Reaction score
We are up in Clayton for the boy’s spring break and I figured we would run up to Darnell Creek and shoot some 22. They love mowing through some and while Darnell has never been know to be clean, we spent some time in the fall cleaning up quite a bit of junk and hauled it down to the transfer station you pass at 441 on the way up and down. It is not as bad as last year, but starting to get pretty messy again.

I am thinking of going back before the week is out and gathering up some trash to take down again. It may be a waste of time but let me know if anyone is interested in helping. The road up has gotten a little rough, and to be honest, if I was the forest service and people kept trashing the range, I’d probably leave it or close it too.

We are up in Clayton for the boy’s spring break and I figured we would run up to Darnell Creek and shoot some 22. They love mowing through some and while Darnell has never been know to be clean, we spent some time in the fall cleaning up quite a bit of junk and hauled it down to the transfer station you pass at 441 on the way up and down. It is not as bad as last year, but starting to get pretty messy again.

I am thinking of going back before the week is out and gathering up some trash to take down again. It may be a waste of time but let me know if anyone is interested in helping. The road up has gotten a little rough, and to be honest, if I was the forest service and people kept trashing the range, I’d probably leave it or close it too.
You would think that being remote, it would be a decent, clean and less used range. I have been twice and never went back. The range is a dump and the road in is rough. They should just close that landfill and be done with it.

You would think that being remote, it would be a decent, clean and less used range. I have been twice and never went back. The range is a dump and the road in is rough. They should just close that landfill and be done with it.
Yeah, last spring we went up there and it was trashed. There were a couple of appliances, a TV, and just tons of dumb stuff shot to pieces. Yesterday there was an old propane tank, folding table, car battery, and pallet someone had used for a target holder. The woods beside the range is littered with targets and trash. Basically looks like a meth head entertainment park.

We went again in the summer and someone had cleaned it up really well. We shot and cleaned up after ourselves, but it was kinda trashed again in the fall. We are loosely planning to go back tomorrow and I’ll bring a few trash bags and boxes. Unfortunately I do not have a truck and I can only fit so much in my 4Runner.

Back
Top Bottom