• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Darrell Waltrip.....

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
What does everyone think of DW?

Personally, his voice is like nails across a chalkboard for me! The man is so freaking irritating-I usually turn the sound off for one of his broadcasts.... I am from GA-and I like southern accents, but I don't even know how to describe the way he talks. Reminds me of Reba-both of them sound learning disabled to me.

Besides the way he talks, stuff he says is pretty stupid. He just talked about a "debalacle in turn 4." He really said that! What a freaking toolbag!! Maybe it is just me-but I cannot stand DW-what a freaking bumpkin!

Last edited:
He's annoying,but he does know nascar.Some of his color added comments are ridiculous.I'd much rather listen to little brother Michael,at least he's funny.

Yep-

You are right about that! Michael is just a toolbag with no sense of humor-and no insights..... I guess DW does have a point or two every once in a while if you can put up with his silly-ass expressions and general retardation long enough. He does know driving. I don't know what the hell Michael knows.... He sure as hell has never been a good driver.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe little brother would hold one till the swellin went down,but that is just my opinion.

I bet you are right.

I am not a Nascar fan but I know DW. We own a condo in Daytona Shores FL. He owns a penthouse in the same building.
We are usually down on July 4th weekend and D.W is usually there with his family. We have spent a few summers sitting around talking. I have no clue if he's a good announcer or whatever they call um. I do know from what litte I know of the man that he is a great guy! He's a real down earth guy. I do always enjoy watching the fireworks from the balcony after the race... And the flyovers are cool....

I am not a Nascar fan but I know DW. We own a condo in Daytona Shores FL. He owns a penthouse in the same building.
We are usually down on July 4th weekend and D.W is usually there with his family. We have spent a few summers sitting around talking. I have no clue if he's a good announcer or whatever they call um. I do know from what litte I know of the man that he is a great guy! He's a real down earth guy. I do always enjoy watching the fireworks from the balcony after the race... And the flyovers are cool....

I'm sure he is a good guy in real life. His TV personality just erks heck out of me. I am definitely not a fan of "boogity boogity boogity!" Nor do I like hearing "shot out of a cannon." I swear I heard that last phrase 15 times one race....

He just needs to settle down. DW gets so carried away. I guess he can't help it. He also won't let any of the other commentators get a word in edgewise. I like Larry MacReynolds-but damn if he gets to speak two sentences during any broadcast he is sharing with DW.

I'm sure he is a good guy in real life. His TV personality just erks heck out of me. I am definitely not a fan of "boogity boogity boogity!" Nor do I like hearing "shot out of a cannon." I swear I heard that last phrase 15 times one race....

He just needs to settle down. DW gets so carried away. I guess he can't help it. He also won't let any of the other commentators get a word in edgewise. I like Larry MacReynolds-but damn if he gets to speak two sentences during any broadcast he is sharing with DW.

I guess he's just passionate about racing.. Lol.. Ironically in person he don't say very much. Never heard him talk about racing at all... Other than my daughter asked him what is was like being on TV.. I guess he tryin to relax when he is there. He has a huge family that lives up in Tennassee. They as usually all down in the condo building at the same time... They must own more than one unit.... I counted 25 cars in th parking deck from his crew year before last.. Fun group of people! His family are all supper nice folks... If I see him this summer I will pass along the feedback! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom